Bikebandit.com - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Bikebandit.com

A couple of folks have commented recently in various posts about less than great service from bikebandit.com, which brought up memories of my first and only order from them. I bought a pair of leather gloves on clearance (no returns on clearance items) at a great price. I used their sizing chart to get the correct size. I was on the line between sizes, so I ordered the next larger size. When they got here, I had trouble getting the first four fingers past the cuff, let alone into the fingers. They were at least two sizes too small. Figured I would give them to my wife, who has fairly small hands. Nope, too tight for her too!

So I called customer service and asked to exchange them for a larger size and them to pay for the return shipping since it wasn't my fault their gloves didn't match their size chart. They told me that clearance item sales were final, end of discussion.

Some folks might have left it at that, but I felt taken advantage of. So I went on line, contacted the Better Business Bureau in San Diego, and filed a complaint. While at the site, I discovered more than 30 other folks had filed complaints about bikebandit in the past 12 months. It took a few weeks, but I received a return shipping label for the gloves and eventually credit on my card for the purchase.

They won't get another chance to give me the shaft.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:14 PM
ryn

That's unfortunate. I don't use bike bandit either, but that's because they ship mostly from California and I'm in Florida. There are better options for us east coast folks. My experience with them was a year or more ago and I purchased a helmet on clearance and a stator. The helmet was far too big and they took it back no problem.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:36 PM
On His Lady Vulcan

I've never had any issues with BB. Heck one time I was looking for tires and they had the best deal at the time so I purchased them online and not but 30 minutes later they called me to explain that someone else beat me out on the last one they had in stock. So we discussed my options for a good 20 minutes and decided to go with a different brand that was more expensive than the one I originally purchased for NO extra charge. I'll continue to do business with them personally.

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:53 PM
The Professor

Most parts houses are great when they have it in stock, when they don't expect 2-3 weeks. If I am not in a hurry I order online, if I need it now I bite the bullet and go to the dealer.

I ordered a part for Asbrand's bike over 2 weeks ago from Bike Bandit since they had the better price. 10 days later I received the wrong part, they said keep it and to make it right I would have the correct part in three days on April 1st. After a week of trying to get a tracking number and find out where the fcuk my part is they finaly sent me a tracking number, it was shipped today.

No more Bike Bandit for me.

85 VN700 "Old Yella"

REBUILT ENGINE
CUSTOM PAINT
VANCE & HINES CRUZERS
EAR SHAVED AND RE-JETTED W/K&N'S
DUNLOP ELITE K591 FRONT & REAR
VOLTMETER
SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID
SYNTHETIC OIL & GEAR LUBE
PLEXISTAR 2 WINDSHIELD
SPLINES LUBED
ACCT'S GREASED W/TOC SPRINGS
COASTERD
LEATHER SADDLE BAGS
LEATHER TOOL AND ROLL BAG
PICKUP COILS GAPPED AT .018"
NGK CAP, WIRES, IRIDUMS
BARNETT FRICTION PLATES & SPRINGS
CUSTOM GRIPS, MIRRORS, LEVERS
ORIGINAL STATOR & R/R 14.5v
DEKA MF AGM ETX15L

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Big Dumb Viking

Send a message via AIM to asbrand Send a message via MSN to asbrand Send a message via Yahoo to asbrand
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance328 View Post

I ordered a part for Asbrand's bike over 2 weeks ago from Bike Bandit since they had the better price. 10 days later I received the wrong part, they said keep it and to make it right I would have the correct part in three days on April 1st. After a week of trying to get a tracking number and find out where the fcuk my part is they finaly sent me a tracking number, it was shipped today.

No more Bike Bandit for me.
AHA...so I can blame *them* for not getting to ride this weekend.!!! Bastiches....!

-Az
http://www.asbrand.com

1989 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

Upgrades so Far:
Coastered
R/R relocated
Analog Voltmeter
PFIII Windshield
RAM GPS Mount w/Garmin GPS
Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter
Saddlemen's Classic Explorer Seat
Pro-Tac Driver's Backrest
LED Tail Light
LED Rear Turn Signals
Luggage Rack
Storage Trunk
Engine Guard w/Highway Pegs
Radiator Grill Cover
Turn Signal Relocation Bracket
Saddlebags
Floorboards
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 02:44 AM

I have ordered probably 20+ times from bikebandit.com, spent close to $2000 with them, and never had a problem. I use them, and cheapcycleparts.com almost exclusively for oem parts. Never had a problem with CCP either. You won't catch me at a dealer for parts. A few years ago, I made the mistake of going to a dealer looking for a part for my then running '79 Yamaha YZ250. The parts guy laughed and said they didn't have and couldn't get parts for bikes more than 10 years old. I ordered it from bikebandit.com, and had it in 3 days. Dealers suck, plain and simple. For everything else, I use denniskirk.com. I shouldn't even need to say I have never had a problem with Dennis Kirk. I have been using them for over 30 years. They are the best in the business. Period. Jerry.

I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker.

1997 Vulcan 750, purchased about a week ago
2006 Sportster 1200 Low
2013 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, converted to carb
2001 Yamaha XT225, heavily modified
2004 Honda Rebel 250
1979 Vespa P200E
2002 Vulcan 750 parts bike
1994 Yamaha XT225 parts bike
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Never had any trouble with Bike Bandit either, just the occasional extended wait for parts that were not in stock, but then I never ordered anything but bike parts from them. In my opinion, their site is one of the easiest to find OEM parts and part number on, and I have always phoned in my orders so I can talk to a person and get stock status etc. Knock on wood, I've never had a bad experience with them.

Fergy
Kyle, TX VN750.com member #707 VROC#19556
2002 VN1500 Classic
Spline Lube Procedure, with photos, R/R Relocation and Coil Mod
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
Electrical Fault Finding Flowchart
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 09:36 AM

I'll have to say the handful of times I've ordered from bikebandit they've been dead on, although I've only ordered some smaller OEM components such as dust seals, grip caps, and the ilk. They're great for OEM parts on older bikes...very easy look up part numbers and accurate schematics, so that's what I usually take advantage of. As to accessories and such, I have no experience, but I'll take note of the mixed results here.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Concert connoisseur

Garage
ccp seems like they dont have a lot of stuff in stock but still only about 10 wait tops, as for gear like clothing, best bet is to not order online, go to a store somewhere so you know you get the right fit. (especially helmets)

1986 vn 750 aka "Huck Farley"
42,000 miles
Rick's stator and rr
Tuxedo stator cover mod
pickup coil mod
dampers replaced
agm m/f battery
Harley sportster exhaust, degoated
Hid conversion
splines lubed
custom "vn750.com" grill cover
NGK Iridium spark plugs

acct to mcct mod https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17917

rekeying locks, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309

stator replacement walkthrough, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11369
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Old Truck Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitecontrol View Post
A couple of folks have commented recently in various posts about less than great service from bikebandit.com, which brought up memories of my first and only order from them. I bought a pair of leather gloves on clearance (no returns on clearance items) at a great price. I used their sizing chart to get the correct size. I was on the line between sizes, so I ordered the next larger size. When they got here, I had trouble getting the first four fingers past the cuff, let alone into the fingers. They were at least two sizes too small. Figured I would give them to my wife, who has fairly small hands. Nope, too tight for her too!

So I called customer service and asked to exchange them for a larger size and them to pay for the return shipping since it wasn't my fault their gloves didn't match their size chart. They told me that clearance item sales were final, end of discussion.

Some folks might have left it at that, but I felt taken advantage of. So I went on line, contacted the Better Business Bureau in San Diego, and filed a complaint. While at the site, I discovered more than 30 other folks had filed complaints about bikebandit in the past 12 months. It took a few weeks, but I received a return shipping label for the gloves and eventually credit on my card for the purchase.

They won't get another chance to give me the shaft.
This tells it all.

02 honda sabre 1100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement