oldbikebarn.com - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down oldbikebarn.com

I dont know if my problem is an isolated problem, but i ordered 2 air cut off valves from them on the 1st. The website said that they should ship within 5-7 business days. On the 14th i wrote them an email and asked when my parts would ship never got an email back. So on the 18th I called them(by the way there hours suck mon-thur) and it turns out that the parts I ordered are on backorder, nowhere on there site did they mention that the parts were on backorder. They said they SHOULD be getting the parts in 7 days so the 25th. Well I am on day 21 and the parts still have not shipped. Lets hope they actually ship on the 25th either way i will be sitting at almost 30 days for parts. So right now I dont think i will order anything else from them, and just hope that i actually get my parts.

2001 VN750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 08:55 AM

Exact same problem with them. The ebay folks send them a lot quicker.

Scheherazade
'86 VN750
MF Battery, Iridium Plugs, RR relocated, Voltmeter, 170/80/15 Kenda Kruz rear tire, DIY Samsonite hard bags, DIY shaved seat with Beaded seat pad ('cause that's how I roll) and the dreaded STATOR CHANGE.

Shining Black Bess '86 VN750, retired for parts after a fried stator and being knocked (kee-runch) in her parking spot.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Kawika

I had a decent experience with them in January for the same part, air cut off valve (18-2799) They had it listed as "only 1 in stock" and they delivered it promptly. I actually had to buy the 2nd air cut off valve from someone else for a bit more money. Apparently there are not very forthcoming about their "backorder" process.

A dealer will usually be able to get the individual parts within a week, but it will be pricier than the kit.

Hope you get the parts soon...It's getting late into riding season here!

LETS RIDE!! VROC# 26137
☠ Black Candy ☠ '07 Mean Streak 1600
☠ Blue Crush ☠ '95 VN750-A11

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

This is a part that is cheap enough that I need that I am going to buy from the dealership. The closest one to me charges $49.71+tax for both and I can get them immediately if they have them in store or will only take 3 days to ship at the most if they have to order them. This is cheaper than the guy I saw on ebay selling them. It will cost me total $52.69 compared to ebay price of $45+15.50 shipping = $60.50 and it will take anywhere from 5-7 days to ship after the 3-5 days for the payment to clear on paypal which amounts to $7.81 more and 9 days before I even have the parts in hand.

My daily ride
Metzler ME880s
NGK caps, wires and Iridiums
Coasters (made by Lance328), earshave and rejet with screws turned out 3 turns
Volt gauge w/ custom mounting cup by Lance328 wired into headlight bucket 13.5v-14v
National Cycles Plexistar 2 windshield
DEKA battery
Mutazu GA Black hard bags w/ custom support brackets and relocation brackets made by Lance328
Custom lowers made by Lance328
Vance&Hines Cruzer exhaust pipes
TOC MCCTs
H.I.D. Conversion kit
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Basically my rule of thumb is the same as Lance328. If the parts is only $30-40 online before shipping, I'll just go ahead and get it at the dealership. It's just not worth buying a part that cheap online when it's going to cost you another $10-15 to ship it plus the time it takes to ship.

My daily ride
Metzler ME880s
NGK caps, wires and Iridiums
Coasters (made by Lance328), earshave and rejet with screws turned out 3 turns
Volt gauge w/ custom mounting cup by Lance328 wired into headlight bucket 13.5v-14v
National Cycles Plexistar 2 windshield
DEKA battery
Mutazu GA Black hard bags w/ custom support brackets and relocation brackets made by Lance328
Custom lowers made by Lance328
Vance&Hines Cruzer exhaust pipes
TOC MCCTs
H.I.D. Conversion kit
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:29 PM
The Reanimater

That's like the Ext-backrest on Ebay. A brand new one was $142.00 free shipping.
There was a guy that had a used one at the same time with a reserve of $125.00, But with shipping it came to $149.00.

It would of been cheaper to buy the New one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750_DawgsFan View Post
This is cheaper than the guy I saw on ebay selling them.

JaY

"Veronica"
2002 VN750 Vulcan
Rebuilt Engine
ACCTs lubed w/TOC Springs
Pick-up Coils Gapped at .018"
Splines Lubed
Deka MF AGM EXT15L Battery
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs
R/R Relocation Fix
New Rear Rack
Stock Seat Repadded
Ext-BackRest
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 08:15 AM

Garage
I support my local business's 1st, I only buy online when it's greatly cost effective.

"Show me a man who makes no mistakes, and I'll show you a man who doesn't do things." Theodore Roosevelt."

2007 Victory Kingpin
Current projects - 1986 VN750 & 1988 EL250
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned

I ordered a helmet from them, after a week still not shipping notice or tracking number, called them, they told me the helmet was discontinued and that they would refund my credit card, never got the refund, customer serankvice would never answer/return my calls, finally had to dispute the $104 charge with my credit card company, Navy Federal Bank got me my money back! Do not buy from Old Bike Barn
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

well i have an update on my situation my parts have finally shipped (on the 9th). hopefully they will be here this week. And to explain why i never canceled the order, is because there hours suck. I work nights and there hours are mon-thurs 8-3. And then trying to get a hold of someone is like pulling teeth. On the 8th i called to cancel but i sat on hold for an hour before i just gave up. So hopefully they send me the right parts, but i will NEVER order from them again. 40 days to ship is crazy. Jason

2001 VN750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement