Dennis Kirk - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Talking Dennis Kirk

Dennis Kirk is my fav. super fast to ship. cheap shipping ! no hassle if you need to return anything ! AND. NO RESTOCKING FEE'S !!! like so many out there do .

just my 2 cents worth. i rate dennis kirk a 10 out of 10 !

undefinedratfink (aka) voyagermouse / grandamfirebird / Steve from Ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Old Fart

Send a message via Yahoo to UncleGomer
Re: Dennis Kirk

I know this is a sore spot for you, especially after your recent experience with Sherm's. I noticed lately in my online shopping that DK runs consistently higher (5-10% on the items I was looking at) than the MSRP that's generally available. As you say, what you get for that is no-hassle (and no cost) returns. But then again, if you don't have to return something, you've paid more (thus in effect subsidizing DK's cost to restock other folk's items). EVERY retailer will have some cost to restock an item, some more than others. Some build that into the price and charge everyone a "few bucks" more, others only charge if you actually return it.

Guess it's like insurance: pay a little more and come up a 'winner' if you have to return it, or pay less and come out 'behind' if you do.

Same thing on the cheap shipping. Except for any volume discounts they get from UPS/FedEx, they're all gonna have similar shipping costs. They can identify them as S&H and charger accordingly, or they can 'hide' them in the price of the product. But either way, the buyer is going to pay.

Vince Hancock "Dago"
Pilot Mountain NC
VROC #10808
NCVulcan #223A
TNVROC (Hon) #49
'03 Vulcan 750, "Temptress"
degoated,V&H CruZers
W&M SB745 Grey Thunder bags
Kury ISO grips and offset hiway pegs;
KAW F&S Engine Guard;
ProTac backrest; PF3 Shield;
Kaw extended backrest & luggage rack
Leather appointments from
timberwolf
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Smile Re: Dennis Kirk

Good point Vince. i never did tell the rest of the story with Sherms. when i returned my seat. after many,many phone calls with sherms. here is what sherms did.... i had to pay shipping back. but then. they did not refund my original shipping costs either. i sure would not deal with that company ever again. i really had to fight to even get what i got from them. i thought i was going to have to dispute it with my credit card company. when i told sherms. finally,after about 4 calls to them. they told me if i did dispute it. they would never let me buy from them again.(lol.not that i ever would deal with sherms again) like you say. the few $ more to go with dennis kirk,is sure worth the insurance to me. on the seat. dennis kirk was only 7.00 more than sherms in the beginning,and, much cheaper shipping with kirk. like MAW on line,they have good prices, but, they poke you on shipping costs. apx double or more what kirk would be. Like shopping in local stores vince. we all go to different places for different reasons. lol. like wally world. i am at the point of never going in to wall mart again. so many reasons i feel that way. i think it is great we all pass our on line shopping experiances around to the group . btw. good luck shopping vince. i am off to ride now in the perfect 80 degree day. and not a cloud in the sky.lol. even no wind. :-)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 06:03 PM

Thumbs up Re: Dennis Kirk

I like DK for selection and delivery...they are fast. Yes, they're prices are generally higher, but I've found but you cannot beat the selection. I've bought from abt a dozen on-line 'stores', and DK rates high for service/selection & hassle free returns, but you can do better pricewise at a lot of places...
I recently bought my new Electrex stator from http://www.cyclepages.com/. the lowest price I could find on-line, and they got it to me in 5days...

john m
Somewhere deep in OH....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Wink Re: Dennis Kirk

This is unreal. I ordered something from Dennis Kirk the other day..it was on my front porch the next day ! Unreal how fast Kirk ships ! a few weeks ago.i ordered something from MAW...... well..it took 16 days to get here... dang,they are sloooooooooooooooooooooow to ship. i called them. they told me that is about normal shipping time... geesh !

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 04:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to gnon2705 Send a message via Yahoo to gnon2705
Re: Dennis Kirk

For the past couple years, I've bought from DK. The first thing I bought was a speedo cable. Only problem I had was with UPS shipping it to a non existant address not far from where it was really supposed to go. Called DK, and they took care of it right away. Recently bought foam and chrome grips, and California Highway pegs. The grips came within a week, and I expect the same will happen with the pegs. (I just ordered the pegs today ) They have a good selection of stuff for our bikes. And I'm finding out that there aren't a lot of aftermarket items for this model.
Anyway, I'm happy with DK for what I need for the Vulcan.
Ride Safe
Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement