Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - getting tired of my vn750
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
npr0099
1100 ACE Rider

Angry getting tired of my vn750

Ok, I hate to say it…but I am starting to wonder if my 86 VN750 is worth the trouble. I have never owned a bike that has had this many maintenance issues and constant problems. I am a pretty handy guy and can do a lot of mechanical fixes myself. BUT GOOD LORD. I have been trying to stop a stupid oil leak for months now. First it was the back ACCT, left bolt. I replaced the o-ring…still leaked. Used blue gasket sealant….still leaked. Now I am using gasket paper, which is doing better but not yet fixed. Plus, it is leaking from 1-2 other bolts right around that rear ACCT. Also….my second gear is slipping. What an annoyance that is.

Maybe I am over reacting…. I guess I will let a couple months this winter go by and decide then. I took a ride on my buddies Victory 1500 yesterday and it really was impressive. But……he paid BUKU bucks for his, I bought my VN for $300 and it wasn’t even running at the time. So I guess you get what you pay for.

But the fact still remains….after personal experience and what I here on this forum, every time I get on, these things have more maintenance than and old Harley!

Again….I want to stick with this ride….i was just hoping to get some more ride time than I did this year.

Thanks for letting me vent…lol

------------------------
NPR

1100 ACE

Cobra exhaust
Cobra floor boards
highway bars
drivers back rest
windshield
headlight tree

Formally VN750 rider.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome