Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

seat-other vulcans?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  clok1966 
#1 ·
yet another seat thread. I been looking on Ebay alot and had another thought (a quick use of the Search function turned up nothing, but maybe its here). I been looking at other style vulcan seats, 500, 900 and the 1500 classic seats. most appear to have the general shape, minus the backrest part. I have been thinking of seeing if any of these might be a better option. Problem is maybe they sit just as bad as the stock 750 one. Most of the newer (classic) seats look alot like the aftermarket ones for our 750's. My biggest concern is the shape. I have seen harley seats on our bikes and there alwasy seems to be strange gaps by the side covers. While I'm not horribly concerned, the better the fit is my goal (well 2nd gaol after comfort).

has anybody had any of the other vucan seats on the 750? or just sat on one on the orginal bike (or road it).. how are they for comfort?

The backrest is about the only real difference i can see, and as an EX upholstery guy (with his old equipment in garage) i can modify that, no worries, and the actual mounting i can fabricate, just wondering how they "fit" in relation to the original seats.

so anybody?

#2 ·
I just got done installing a vn900 seat on mine today. I had to do some modding on the rear to hold it down. I just went for a spin and so far the comfort is good to me. The fit is pretty good also. I have to put some weather stripping on the front to eliminate the gap between the tank and the seat but other than that, it's all good. Picked mine up on e-bay for $50.00 plus $15.00 shipping (not too bad)! I will post pics later tonight so you can see for yourself.

#3 ·
Clok1966, since you are a ex upolsterer you can easily shave the seat. Remove the cover and as I used, a electric knife, cut down into the seat and make it concaved. There is a thread on this in the forum. This makes it less stressful on your tail bone. At lease if you do not like it you can still get a different seat. To smooth it out and shape I used a sanding disc, when all done recoved the seat with the original materiel. Made it a lot more confortable.

#4 ·
I know I should do it myself, and have been trying to pick up a spare seat to work on (I'm a "always keep the original" guy, dont want to work on the only seat I have). And just like the computer tech who has the worst PC at home, I look for ways to not "work" :)

All the time looking and attempting to buy a spare seat I see several other Vulcan seats for cheap on E-bay so was wondering about it. That 900 seat looks nice on it!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.