Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

New bike New rider

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  VN750Rider/Jerry 
#1 ·
Hi all, Just passed permit in maine :motorcycl yea for me.
And now fixin the 750 up to ride to work this summer.

What I most likely will be posting about are fixing gauges (cuz my speedo and fuel gauge is nack'd) Dont worry i'll use the search key first :)

Just wanted to say hi and exsplain i am fresh of the Scottish boat so my spelling a grammer will be a tad off.

cheers

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about the spelling and stuff, they will learn eventually. Just be careful with terms you grew up with, like "Glasgow Screwdriver." Most will not have a clue despite being competent in it's use.

#5 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about the spelling and stuff, they will learn eventually. Just be careful with terms you grew up with, like "Glasgow Screwdriver." Most will not have a clue despite being competent in it's use.
Welcome to the Vulcan Madness scosman. Nack`d or nackered is pretty easy to interpret. From the context in which essexboi uses it, I suspect a Glasgow Screwdriver is one of two things. Either an amber liquid to lubricate and calm the mechanic, or a cylindrical piece of steel weighing from 16 to 48 ounces, attached to a wooden or fiberglass handle, and used to locate the most expensive part, next to the piece you are trying to shift!:BLAM:

Good on ya for tackling repairs on your new-to-you ride. If you can`t find all you need in a search of past threads, come on back and ask for help. There are lots of knowledgeable and helpful folks here. Check the Vulcan verses and see the link below for some other service and maintenance items that you will want to to attend to before racking up a lot of miles.

If you haven`t already done so, go to the User CP at the top of page and fill in your profile and sigline to tell us a little about yourself and your bike. The model year, and whether your bike is stock or modified in some way will help in identifying problems and fixes. There are not many differences in the vn700/750 during the 21 years of its manufacture, but there are a few.

Enjoy the ride.:motorcycl

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about the spelling and grammar. As you search the forums you'll see that's not a requirement for membership! If you have questions, just ask. Lots of helpful folks here.

#9 ·
Same here, welcome to the club Scosman. May your repairs not take to long so you can get to the best part, the riding is the best.

#10 ·
welcome to the forums, sure you will find plenty of help and useful info here.

#11 ·
Aye, another Scotsman. I am 99% Scottish, both sides of my family immigrated here from Scotland in the 1830s. I have never been to Scotland myself, but subscribe to an online Scottish newspaper. Yes I own a kilt, in fact I own a full set of Scottish parade dress, but I can't play the pipes. Love the sound of them though.

Oh, about the Vulcan 750. Before doing anything else, DO THE SPLINE LUBE. It could save you $1000. Some other things are important, this one is CRITICAL. Jerry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.