2017 Ride 'N' Roll Summer Long Dice Run - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

2017 Ride 'N' Roll Summer Long Dice Run

it's that time of year again! May 1st. not only is it Motorcycle safety Month, but it's also the start of the "Ride 'N' Roll Summer Long Dice Run"! this is a special year......it's the 10th! that's right, people have been riding and rolling for a decade.

this years "stop" map is now up! woo hoo!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eL...94&usp=sharing

so come on all you Buckeyes (an anyone that is close enough to partake. it's open to all.), get on your bikes and ride!

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 06:44 PM

Got mine form iron pony today,with 2 stops marked off. That's right iron pony is a 2 stopper this year.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetire2 View Post
Got mine form iron pony today,with 2 stops marked off. That's right iron pony is a 2 stopper this year.
excellent!

way to go! not only signing up on the first day, but hitting a double stop in the process too!

now you only have 201, more stops to make to finish! lol

to boot, just by signing up, you're in the drawing for the $1500 shopping spree give away. woo hoo!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

OK, it just worked out that the wife and I had to make a stop after work today. that stop just happened to be a stop on the Ride'N'Roll Dice Run! woo hoo!

we both signed up and both rolled 10's! we also got bonus stickers for the "shopping spree" too!

then be hit a two-fer stop that was on the way home. I also picked up some Honda Molly paste and that gave me another "sticker" for the shopping spree drawing! woo hoo! I'm on a Roll!

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

The other day, after a very long weekend, I took the wife out for a few adult beverages and a bite. we hit a few more stops. at one of the stops the barmaid told us that there was a rider that was on a mission to complete all 203, stops in just 10 days! I know the record was set a few years ago by a rider who did it in something like 14 days. I think it's the same guy again this year trying to beat his own record. Hmm.....I wonder if he will be able to do it?!

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

^well, I just got an up date on this......

but first a correction on my part, the last time this rider did this, was 5 years ago, he did it in 12 days, not 14. he has complete this contest every year!

this year he challenged himself to finish it in just 10 days in honor of it being the 10th year for the contest.

from what I have heard, he will meet his goal! He has only 14 stops left and he should be finishing tonight at his last stop at Quaker Steak & Lube in Valley View, Ohio. where he will meet up with his wife for dinner around 6-7pm tonight.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 08:53 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
damn that's dedication

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

well, the wife and I have been slacking on this so far this month. we have only made it to something like 10 stops.

last Sunday after we took a ride (in the cage, it was raining when we left) out to a state park near Wellington, Ohio. we stopped by a bar called "Little Brown Jug" in Elyria, Ohio.

this was an interesting stop. the place was house that was converted into a bar. it was kind of strange. as we drove by the first time we were like "what?! that's it?! that's the place?!". lol then we turned around and were like "where the heck are we supposed to park?". as we got closer, we saw a sign that said "Parking" with an arrow pointing down what would have been the drive way of the home. we pull in and drive to the backyard, which is now a parking lot. the house looks pretty run down. we get out of the car and pause for a moment, gazing uneasily at the back of the old decrepit looking home. I think to myself "I bet she is thinking the same thing I'm thinking....forget this place and let's get the hell out of here!" then we walk up the steps and open the backdoor and meander inside.

once inside, it was just like many other bars we have been in. we belly up to the bar and order a couple of beers.........and that's when the fun started!

I kind of wish we would have gotten there a little earlier. because we were having a BLAST! but it was Sunday and we both had to work on Monday. besides, we had a long drive home from there too!

oh boy, it just goes to show you, life is like a box of chocolates, you really do never know what you're going to get. lol

this is one of the reasons we love this contest so much. it takes you to these little out of the way places. places that you would never go to for any other reason. but, sometimes, once you're there, you are sure glad you made the trip!

Last edited by ruger; 05-25-2017 at 06:56 PM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 09:12 AM

Garage
Newb at this but it sounds interesting. Do I just show up at one of the participating stops and get a card or something? I am returning to riding after a hiatus and this sounds like a very interesting way to explore and ride at the same time. Can someone give me the particulars? Thank you
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassace View Post
Newb at this but it sounds interesting. Do I just show up at one of the participating stops and get a card or something? I am returning to riding after a hiatus and this sounds like a very interesting way to explore and ride at the same time. Can someone give me the particulars? Thank you
it is interesting! it's also a lot of fun too! it will take you places you would never go or see in our great state of Ohio. there are also stops in KY., and PA..

ok, how to?
yes, all you have to do is stop by ANY of 203 stops and tell them you want to sign up for the "Ride 'N' Roll" Die Run. they will sign you up, give you a book, which is called a "passport". then you get to "roll" the cool electronic/LED dice. they then write down you score in your "passport" and then stamp it. then you ride off to the next stop and tell them you are there for the Ride N Roll and want to roll the dice. it's that easy.

here's some links;

http://ridinon.com/home/Ride%20N%20R...er_2017-05.pdf

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=...Busp%3Dsharing

if you look at the map, there is a few stops not far from where you are.
so get out there, sign up and start rolling! who knows, you just might win some thing along the way.

by the way, this is the 10th year they have been doing this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement