A very good day in Eastern KY - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
A very good day in Eastern KY

To start this thread as it relates to another that started earlier, I've got a good report!!

I was talking to you all about downsizing in weight of my personal Motorcycle. I am happy to report that those of you who encouraged me to stick it out and try to get my strength back and then see if I needed to make a move, that the Beast and I are still together for the foreseeable future.

I've been trying to lose weight and strengthen back up on my right side since May. At first I didn't realize the extent that a minor stroke had affected me physically and mentally( short term memory mostly) but as time wore on I started noticing more and more limitations in coordination and strength.After talking to you guys some and getting quite a bit of good advice, I upped my efforts on the strengthening my self.

Yesterday several of us old retired guys decided that we would have few more days like this before winter and took advantage of it. We put in over 300 miles and most of it two lane twisty blacktop. We left here and headed north to Louisa Ky then rode Rte 3 to Ashland and then hit US 60 north all the way to Morehead, Ky had a nice lunch at Cracker Barrel and headed out by Cave Run Lake and Through West Liberty Ky and on to the Red River Gorge by the Backroads.

A friend of mine just moved back here from Houton and has been trying to finish his Cabin before winter sets in and we have all been pretty busy trying to get him ready. We have got him to the point that he is ready to live in it and stay warm as he does some finish work during the cold months.. That meant tha he and his wife got to go with us for the first decent ride.

Long story short, I made it just fine other than being tired and typical numbness in my right hand, probably will always have that to deal with, but that's not going to change no matter what I trade for. I enjoyed my bike yesterday as much as I have in a long time. Got in here about an hour after dark last night and pretty cold temps and felt good..

My friend John said" this is why I moved back to Kentucky after 40 years" it was that kind of day, plenty of color still in the leaves and dropped into the gorge and took him through the tunnel and he is hooked. By the time we got out of there it was beginning to get dark so we hit the Parkway back home and avoided any collisions with critters. Got back To Ted's house and noticed they were acting like human Popsicles , I didn't even realize it was cold and was pretty comfy. I had about 15 miles on to my house and got here with no regrets about the long day or the pleasant tiredness that had crept into my body.

Me and tha big old Beast are going to be just fine together for a while longer, there it is as best I can put into words, wish you could have been there!

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 08:35 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Wish I was there.good to hear this,Denny.stay strong,brother.

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 09:28 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Wolfie said hello.

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Mod

Glad to hear it. It would have broke my heart to see you on a 650,,lol Stay strong.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 10:00 AM

We've definitely had great riding weather this week, glad you got to ride!

I keep reminding my riding buddies how they are missing it, I know I rode a lot more than they did this year. Myself, finished roofing my house, this week it's the garage. And now my front tire is leaking, Ride-On seems to have failed there.. Haven't been on the bike for a while, any fitness progress I made this Spring/Summer is gone now.

Keep on keepin' on Denny!

Planning to work on fitness this Winter instead of vegetating, so I'll be more ready to ride next year. Got a smokin' deal on a commercial treadmill when they closed the power plant, so that will be step one in my workout routine to get the heart rate up.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf

Last edited by Spockster; 11-05-2015 at 10:11 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 10:35 PM

In cincy but just bought some land in Jackson KY. Hope to get to meet up this spring and ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement