NE Bike Rally Wildwood, NJ - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

NE Bike Rally Wildwood, NJ

This coming weekend is Roar to the Shore in Wildwood, New Jersey. It is a free entrance motorcycle rally spread all across the resort town right on the ocean. There are most of the same vendors that do the circuit of rallys up and down the east coast. It starts on Thursday, September 10 and runs through Sunday, September 13. It is open to any and all makes of bikes and they don't eliminate cagers although parking with a cage will involve some walking. Street parking of bikes is free for the weekend and you just line them up on any street so space for cages is rare but available. If anyone decides to come down just let me know and maybe we can all meet up for a ride or just hang out. Many NE members are constantly asking for news about rides and events so here it is. Respond here or send a PM to me and I will try to respond before I hit the road on Thursday morning with my cell phone number. Once I am down there I may have limited access to internet service. This is a great time ands I have been going there for the last four or five years and enjoyed each time. At one point the official bike count was 80,000. Last year had a slight drop off but I believe this year will return to the higher numbers. If you can't make it for a few days maybe you could do a single day. Riding in from PA or NY is not a long trip at all. Plenty of major highways or excellent back roads can get your there in a hurry. If you have never gone to a rally of this size you need to try it at least once. I admit it is not Daytona or Sturgis but it is a start and a lot closer for the NE members. Come on down on Friday night and you may not have to take time off from work. Plenty to enjoy on Saturday and/or Sunday morning.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 09-07-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 10:40 AM

Wish my bike was up and running. I definitely would of done this.

2007 Kawi ninja-sold
1990 Vulcan 750-sold
2001 Honda Sabre 1100-wrecked then sold
2013 Victory Highball
Ride on wolf
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
This coming weekend is Roar to the Shore in Wildwood, New Jersey. It is a free entrance motorcycle rally spread all across the resort town right on the ocean. There are most of the same vendors that do the circuit of rallys up and down the east coast. It starts on Thursday, September 10 and runs through Sunday, September 13. It is open to any and all makes of bikes and they don't eliminate cagers although parking with a cage will involve some walking. Street parking of bikes is free for the weekend and you just line them up on any street so space for cages is rare but available. If anyone decides to come down just let me know and maybe we can all meet up for a ride or just hang out. Many NE members are constantly asking for news about rides and events so here it is. Respond here or send a PM to me and I will try to respond before I hit the road on Thursday morning with my cell phone number. Once I am down there I may have limited access to internet service. This is a great time ands I have been going there for the last four or five years and enjoyed each time. At one point the official bike count was 80,000. Last year had a slight drop off but I believe this year will return to the higher numbers. If you can't make it for a few days maybe you could do a single day. Riding in from PA or NY is not a long trip at all. Plenty of major highways or excellent back roads can get your there in a hurry. If you have never gone to a rally of this size you need to try it at least once. I admit it is not Daytona or Sturgis but it is a start and a lot closer for the NE members. Come on down on Friday night and you may not have to take time off from work. Plenty to enjoy on Saturday and/or Sunday morning.
I agree! if someone hasn't been to a rally of this sort, they should! they are a BLAST!

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
I agree! if someone hasn't been to a rally of this sort, they should! they are a BLAST!
You and I may agree on that but there will still be many members that will never attend a motorcycle rally of this size no matter how close to there home location and then complain that there are never any rides or event posted on the forum for their area. It never ceases to amaze me. Most years I have posted this a month or two in advance but I only have had one fellow member make it and he is goin again this year. Wildwood is a quick ride from PA, NY, CT, DE or MD. I am lucky to have the use of a relative's condo within a few miles of the main action. The event is a block or two from the ocean and there are plenty of places to ride to besides hanging there all day. I have plans to make it to Daytona and Sturgis in the next few years on my new bike but for now this is still a great time and I see no reason to stop doing it year after year. You have to get out and do a scenery change every so often.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrospaz9 View Post
Wish my bike was up and running. I definitely would of done this.
Put it on your list for next year and keep an eye on the RttS website for the dates. Always in the beginning of September and always completely free admission unlike many other rallys.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 10:19 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
I heard The Broken Spoke in Sturgis burned down last night.total loss

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Woke up early and heard the rain. The weather people have been wrong about everything around here for the last four or five months with their predictions so what were the odds that they would get this right finally. Heavy rains and thunder storms all day and into early tomorrow morning. I have to make a decision in about an hour or so as to ride in the rain and hope it eases up or postpone till tomorrow morning. I would hate to loose part of tomorrow down there with just the ride but it might be the safest bet. Only know of one other forum member making the trip down and he is leaving tomorrow. If I do wait, I will meet him on the way down and we will have three riders for that part of the weekend events.

Stay safe everyone.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 09-13-2015 at 10:59 PM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 06:33 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Be safe yourself, brother.wish I could be there,but getting ready to start a bbq. 144 chicken halvesin the rain.

sportster seat

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Well four and a half hours to ride down there in the constant rain on Thursday and more rain once there including on Friday. Saturday clear in the morning and more rain off and on in the afternoon into the evening. Sunday was the best day weather wise and I took advantage by staying late. Finally hit the road alone at 1:00 PM and hit rain about forty-five minutes into the trip home. It continued most of the remaining trip except for the last twenty minutes.

Needless to say there were lots of "Vacancy" signs all over town and the overall activity was nearly zero. It was still a basic good time to hang out with friends and just chill. If I go back next year I want to make better plans to include a group ride and some other activities. Maybe those that are interested but can't make it for the full three or four days can meet those that do ride down at some point a little north on Saturday or so. It could be a way to get a group ride in and meet some new faces finally. I will post some information maybe in August to see if there is an interest and if anyone thinks they may want to do the entire long weekend let me know so we can coordinate some activities and riding.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
4507 miles
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 08:13 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Glad you made it home safe and had a good time,even in the rain.

sportster seat

Sponsored Links