2015 Ridin-On "Ride 'N' Roll" Summer Long Dice Run - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

2015 Ridin-On "Ride 'N' Roll" Summer Long Dice Run

The "Ride 'N' Roll Summer Long Dice Run" in Ohio, it takes place from May 1st - October 1st, 2015. The goal is to go to as many stops as possible before the start of October! At each stop, you roll/slam two electronic die to get a total score. The highest scorer wins BIG $$$ (last year's was $5K!) At some spots, there are secret drawings, in which you could win $ or other prizes. If you complete all the locations, you get a Finisher's Pin!

For more information, visit: www.ridinon.com/special/ridenroll.htm

It’s been a very busy month for me, that’s why it’s taken me this long to post this up about the “2015 Ride ‘N’ Roll Summer Long Dice Run”. yup, one month down for this contest. beside having a slow start on this, the wife and I have been able to finish this month out strong. As of yesterday we hit a total of 44 stops! That’s about half as many as we hit last year in 5 months! Woo hoo! Lol

This years plan was to sign up and start in Cincinnati, Ohio, at American Heritage Motorcycles.
Since we were going to be in Cincinnati the first weekend of May. we figured we’d start there on Saturday. Also since we were going up to Dayton, Ohio, to see a show (Wicked) on Saturday, we could hit a bunch of stops to and from Dayton. Then on Sunday on the return trip home to Cleveland, Ohio, we could hit a bunch of stops all across the state of Ohio. We figured this would give us a great start to this years Ride ‘N’ Roll.

But, as usual, things didn’t go as planned. Lol early on Saturday morning we ran over to American Heritage Motorcycles to sign up/start, but they didn’t have or couldn't find the “passports” and “dice” needed to sign up/play the game. This is nothing new. Sometimes some places don’t always get their Ride ‘N‘ Rollkits” until the a few days after the start of the contest.

So we were not able to sign up there and we didn’t get a chance to sign up at any other stops on Saturday. But we did have a great time spending some time with the kids and seeing Wicked in Dayton, Ohio.

On Sunday, on the way home we stopped at Iron Pony in Columbus, Ohio, and we were able to sign up and get our “passports” and roll some dice. I started to season off great. I rolled a “12” this is the highest score per roll/stop one can get. The wife was pissed! After rolling my BOX CARS (two 6‘s), I looked at the wife and told her if I keep rolling like this, we may have to finish it this year.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

Last edited by ruger; 05-31-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

well, it's been a while and the wife and I have been busy.....rolling dice that is. lol

the wife and I have made it to 97 stops, we are half way! both are scores are looking good. right now, I'm in the lead, but not by much. lol

man, I'll tell you this.....the some of the places we've been to, some of the people we've met and some of the roads we've been down......Holy Kaw! lol

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

well, we just got back from another trip.

we now have hit 150 out of 194 stops.

last weekend we road the bikes all the way down to Carrollton, Ky..
on the way back we took route 52, over to Ripley, Ohio. we have never been down Route 52, it's a very nice/scenic ride along the Ohio River. it's even a good place to have a drag race! Imagine a VN750 vs. a Dodge Ram Truck! ok, another story for another time. lol
In Ripley, we stopped by Snappers Saloon to roll the dice. Ripley, is a really nice little river town right on the bank of the Ohio river. we plan on taking a trip back down there someday.
the next day, we supper-slabbed it up to Columbus, Ohio. then took the scenic route from Plain City, Ohio, to Ashland, Ohio, after a quick stop at Grampa's Cheese Barn in Ashland, we then super-slabbed it home. we ended up putting 812 miles on the bikes in 3 days!

this weekend, although the weather was much more cooler than last weekend, the wife was a little under the weather and didn't think that it would be a good idea to ride, so we took the cage.
we ended up in Wapakoneta, Ohio. where we stopped at Lulu's 113 , rolled the dice and got free T-shirts!

the next day, we started our return trip home. we stopped at Crazy Fox Saloon in Bucyrus, Ohio. we met the owner and just missed out on getting a tour of the bar. the building was built way back in 1916, it has history as being a "speakeasy" that is still there!
after that we worked our way to Wooster, Ohio. in Wooster, we stopped by Liberty Tactical Equipment. this a store Nick fury and I could go nuts in! lol right next store was JAFB Wooster Brewery, which was also a stop. neat place and if the wife was feeling better and we had more time, we would have stayed and tried a few brews.
then we headed a little south and took some of Ohio's scenic routes through the country sides. we stopped by Bent Wrench LLC, in Loudonville, Ohio. then cruised over to Swissters in Sugarcreek, Ohio, aka “Little Switzerland of Ohio.” this stop is a cool little place, it has a lot going on, there is a area for wine tasting, a bar for beer tasting, a deli, an area for musician's to play live music and a nice covered front porch with tables and chairs to just hang out at.
just north up Route 93, in Dundee, Ohio, is the Dundee Inn. this a neat little corner bar. what we really like about this bar is, everyone that comes in to "roll the dice", is handed a push pin and told to go over to the map of Ohio hanging on the wall in the corner of the bar and put the pins in from were they are from. it's really neat to see where all the pin end up in the map.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

well, this is what it looks like on Google maps to have "hit" all the 194, "stops"
so the next person that asks me "so, what did you do all summer long?" I'm going to show them this.....

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...2A&usp=sharing

yup. that's right, as of 4pm yesterday (9/12/15), the wife and I have "hit" them all!

Last edited by ruger; 09-13-2015 at 01:15 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

So how many miles did you drive/ride to hit them all?

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
So how many miles did you drive/ride to hit them all?
thanks for asking. I have often wondered that myself, but keep forgetting to check. lol

I checked the bikes and for the # of miles we put on our bikes this year just hitting about half of the stops, we put over 2,700 miles on the them.

now as of how may miles on the car? that I'm not sure, but I bet it's right around the same amount.

I can tell you this......we have been from Cleveland, Ohio, to....

Cincinnati, Ohio, 5 times,

Toledo, Ohio, 2 times,

the state of Pennsylvania, 2 times,

the state of Kentucky, 2 times,

the state of Indiana, 1 time,

the state of West Virginia, 1 time,

and the Hocking Hills of Ohio, (only) 1 time,

since May of this year.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Sounds like you had a good time accumulating all the stops tokens.
As the title of one of Daniel Meyer's books says "Life is a Road, Get on it and Ride".

Link to Life is a Road series of books. Purchase | CUAgain

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9127
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
Sounds like you had a good time accumulating all the stops tokens.
As the title of one of Daniel Meyer's books says "Life is a Road, Get on it and Ride".

Link to Life is a Road series of books. Purchase | CUAgain
oh, but wait, just because the "Run" is over, doesn't mean the "fun" is over.

we still have to go to the Ride 'N' Roll-"Winner Dinner". which is held at The Quaker Steak & Lube in Columbus, OHIO.

as right now, we have a few Buckeye's from the "Buckeye Bunch" already signed up and ready to go. Kanuck69 and 6 OF 9 (his wife), BJ31702 and his wife (the Master), my wife and I. we are going to see if we can't get Firetire2 and his wife to meet us up there, along with Ryan.

accept for Ryan, that was the group we had down there last year. last year was a BLAST! we all walked away with prizes. we all had a great time and are all looking forward to another great time at this years "Winner Dinner".

so, if there is anyone on here that like to join us, we will be at Quaker Steak & Lube in Columbus, OHIO. on Sunday, December 13th,. the party starts at 2:00pm. all are welcome.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

and the fun just won't stop!!!!!!

I just got word that Kanuck69 & his wife (6 of 9), just got a letter in the mail this week telling them that they have won a prize in this years "Ride 'N' Roll" Summer Long Dice Run! woo hoo!!!! this news just amps my wife and I up for next weekend!

they won't know what prize they won until Ridin' On Magazine announces it at the party. I know Kanuck69 and 6 of 9, didn't hit all the stops on this years run, but that's one of the great things about this contest, you don't have to complete it to win a prize. there is drawings for prizes for people that hit a certain # of stops. so I know Kanuck69/6 of 9, had to be a winner of one of those drawings.

drawings and prizes as follows;

1, drawing for hitting 10 stops = free gas for a year!

4, drawings for hitting 25 stops = winners choice, a $250 gift certificate for any of 194, stops on this years run!

2, drawings for hitting 50 stops = winners choice, a $500 gift certificate for any of 194, stops on this years run!

and

1, drawing for hitting 100 stops = winners choice, a $1000 gift certificate for any of 194, stops on this years run!

so they have to be one of these prizes. woo hoo!

but that's not it either, the rest of us still have chances to win some nice prizes too. just by showing up at the "party", we all get a chance at a "roll off" and we are all put in for some really nice door prizes. the wife and I hit the grand door prizes last year. she won a set of new tires and I won the half helmet signed by the cast of Sons of Anarchy!

yup, the fun just keeps rollin on!

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 10:09 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
and the fun just won't stop!!!!!!

I just got word that Kanuck69 & his wife (6 of 9), just got a letter in the mail this week telling them that they have won a prize in this years "Ride 'N' Roll" Summer Long Dice Run! woo hoo!!!! this news just amps my wife and I up for next weekend!

they won't know what prize they won until Ridin' On Magazine announces it at the party. I know Kanuck69 and 6 of 9, didn't hit all the stops on this years run, but that's one of the great things about this contest, you don't have to complete it to win a prize. there is drawings for prizes for people that hit a certain # of stops. so I know Kanuck69/6 of 9, had to be a winner of one of those drawings.

drawings and prizes as follows;

1, drawing for hitting 10 stops = free gas for a year!

4, drawings for hitting 25 stops = winners choice, a $250 gift certificate for any of 194, stops on this years run!

2, drawings for hitting 50 stops = winners choice, a $500 gift certificate for any of 194, stops on this years run!

and

1, drawing for hitting 100 stops = winners choice, a $1000 gift certificate for any of 194, stops on this years run!

so they have to be one of these prizes. woo hoo!

but that's not it either, the rest of us still have chances to win some nice prizes too. just by showing up at the "party", we all get a chance at a "roll off" and we are all put in for some really nice door prizes. the wife and I hit the grand door prizes last year. she won a set of new tires and I won the half helmet signed by the cast of Sons of Anarchy!

yup, the fun just keeps rollin on!
I am glad to hear you not only had a great time with the contest but you proved that "nice guys" do not always finish last. I wish you and Kanuck69 continued luck with it and hope you enjoy the "party". The prizes really sound pretty good including the door prizes just for showing up. Congrats to all.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement