Rolling up miles - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Rolling up miles

Between snows and rainstorms I have managed to roll up almost 2k this season, two trips down to the Gorge, I talked to Chuck A a day or two ago and I was in Frankfort KY visiting my baby brother and next morning I met up with a couple of my Central Ky buddies and rode up 127 north to the KY side of the OH river, and went out by the airport and had a pretty good time visiting the Creation Museum.We stayed in that place about 3 hrs. and I have to say it was better than I expected.

On the ride down 75 of the 175 miles was in the rain,(note to self don't put waterproof under armour in side your socks) Whatever water that gets past the cuffs of your rain gear will funnel all the way into your waterproof boots. Take my word for it, gore tex won't let water out of your shoes either. I had an extra pair of Shift riding boots with me so I had dry shoes for the next day, I still like to wear the Danner's best. My buddy Wayne showed up on a brand new Victory X Country seems as if he has traded his big Yamaha 1900?.. for a Victory. I gotta admit that thing was sweet,a beautiful Blue color and a rather large 106 cubic inch, I think, v-twin and all the bells and whistles with it. Hoyt was our other riding buddy a Desert Storm veteran who suffered a major head injury from an IED in Iraq.He has a major scar and plate in his head ,his speech is affected some but he has still got his balance and is pretty good rider and a top notch American, who had a long struggle to get to this point. He says the good thing about his injury is he can't even remember it. One of the good guys as is Wayne a 'Nam vet who always flies the US flag and the POW and MIA Flag on his bikes.

Reflecting back over the past few days I realize how little most of us have given and will try to never forget what they did for me, and not just them but all the ones like them,who were willing to give the last full measure of themselves for us.

This has sort of become an annual event for us ,usually with a larger group. but we do this every year on the National Day of Prayer. But things didn't work out as well this year with only the three of us . It was an enjoyable day,nonetheless, around 150 miles round trip( you know we didn't take the direct rte.) with a pretty fierce crosswind most of the day. I noticed the big Victory didn't move around much at all, but my bike felt like it was going to walk all the way across the lane at times and it is no liteweight. A great day yesterday and a solitary ride back today most of mine was highway miles but it was gorgeous here with a temp of around 60 to 63 degrees. Just right to leather up and ride and have spell to think on a lot of stuff. I arrived back to my little corner of the world relaxed and not very tired at all.

Oh yeah, Wayne told me he had a surprise for me when I got there earlier in the week. I expected a tin or two of exotic pipe tobacco from Scotland or Denmark and he didn't disappoint but that big Blue X-Country was the real surprise, I am really taken aback at how much liked it. Any time anyone mentions victory I think of that Horrid Vision that Arlen Ness dreamed up for them, sorry folks you may like it but I would hate to apologize every where I went saying "yeah it's strange and ugly but it is a really good bike".

Life's to short to ride ugly bikes or dance with ugly women. I will stop right here,nuff said. Be safe out there and watch the commercial for the Victory X Country with the guy doing a powerslide in the dirt around that building and imagine that thing is larger physically than a Ultra or Voyager and it will impress you or at least his skills will.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X

Last edited by denny6006; 05-02-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

hey Denny, you up for another ride?.........the wife and I are going to meet up with Firetire2 and Kanuck69, at the Iron Pony on Sunday for a Victory demo ride! woo hoo! so whip your KY arse over that river and meet up with us at the Iron Pony in Columbus, Oh.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
hey Denny, you up for another ride?.........the wife and I are going to meet up with Firetire2 and Kanuck69, at the Iron Pony on Sunday for a Victory demo ride! woo hoo! so whip your KY arse over that river and meet up with us at the Iron Pony in Columbus, Oh.
Love too but Sundays are spoken for with few exceptions,Thanks for the invite but I was nervous being that close to the River

VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Love too but Sundays are spoken for with few exceptions,Thanks for the invite but I was nervous being that close to the River
as I was typing that first post, Kanuck69 called me! lol he wanted details for Sunday and wanted the inside scoop on why we were going to be in his hood on Sunday. lol

it's all good Denny. I just didn't want you to feel left out. hell, the wife is on the phone with bj31702's wife (Justine), so there just might be a few more peeps that show up! lol looks like this thing is starting to snowball! woo hoo! I love it when a plan comes together! lol

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
here is a link that will probably work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTpE_XuApw

VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Just a regular guy

I love the Victory bikes I have ridden, not all equally though...I broke the cqrbs on my bike (among a few other things) so I am contemplating getting a new bike... if so it'll probably be a Victory 8-ball.

Good job on the riding and tell your friends thanks for their service.

"Pain is weakness leaving my mouth! *&%^$ that hurt!"

Promo code for 10% off at leatherup.com..... 55634

===2001 Vn750====
New Chrome agm battery
Ears shaved
Coastered
Sportster pipes
R/R relocated
12v adapter installed
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:25 AM
2014 KLR 650!

Does his bike have the hydraulic floorboards the if you drop it, will slowly lower it to the ground?

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyfoot2001 View Post
Does his bike have the hydraulic floorboards the if you drop it, will slowly lower it to the ground?
I don't really know, and would hesitate to say, either way. I didn't get to go over it very closely, I did a couple of walk arounds and gawked and gawked at it mostly

VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 07:10 AM
2014 KLR 650!

If its the one my friend got, you could fit my bike in the trunk.

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Giggity!

Garage
That creation museum looks pretty interesting.
Glad to hear your having a good riding season so far.

Here's to more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement