Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Availability for Ox Yoke Inn ride

NY/NJ/OH/PA Gathering-Ride Poll

19K views 90 replies 15 participants last post by  Chris Allunario 
#1 · (Edited)
Semms like we're looking at one of the 2 first weekends in June for the meetup at the Ox Yoke Inn in Pennsy....
Check your preferred date, or both if available. We'll try to make it so that the majority can come.

#2 ·
it's still way too early to say if I will be able to make the trip or not. but the good news is (at least for now), if I do make the trip, I will still have a bike to make it on!

now, as for dates?......the first weekend of June is the last weekend of Ohio Bike Week. that's the "good" weekend to go. that's when the "Block Party" is held/going on! so, for me, it's a no-go for those dates.

June 13-15, I have set aside for this trip (if I can make it).

"Other"? may or may not work for me. depends on what dates "other" falls on. lol

#3 ·
Not sure If I could plan that far out right now. Let me know when we're within a month or 2.

#4 ·
I can say that the first week of June doesn't look good for me since my work schedule has me working overnights untill June 8th (overnights in addition to my regular hours that is).

#5 ·
So far looks like second week of June is popular....we just need to let the Ox Yoke know, because it gets reserved quickly....hope we get more responses soon...I may link this poll in the Belly and Northeast for now too, so all see it...

And Ruger...at worst, I was gonna say you can always rent a bike for the weekend....I almost did that for a ride this past season...pretty reasonable for a one time thing...

#9 ·
So far looks like second week of June is popular....we just need to let the Ox Yoke know, because it gets reserved quickly....hope we get more responses soon...I may link this poll in the Belly and Northeast for now too, so all see it...

And Ruger...at worst, I was gonna say you can always rent a bike for the weekend....I almost did that for a ride this past season...pretty reasonable for a one time thing...
that would be an option, just not one I could take advantage of! :(

#6 ·
We are already on notice with the Oxbow, it's listed under Vn750.com

#8 ·
I am cool with the 13-15th.and if my boss isn't and somehow all three fryers and the char-broiler happen to all stop working that Thursday,i tell ya,is all coincidental.;)

#11 · (Edited)
as of right now, the dates for that are either June 6,7,8 or June 20,21,22. those are the weekends that "Thing2", can get off. I would say it would most likely be the weekend of June 20,21,22. because school will be out by then and that way it wouldn't mess Stacy up. but, nothing is officail yet, we still need to have a "Mid-Winter" planing party. lol but I can tell you this......all of the places we wanted to book for that trip, are all ready booked for those dates! :(

#14 ·
As of now, June 13, 14, 15 looks to be the date. We have 6 bodies so far for that. Need at least 4-6 more to make it interesting.
And in case anyone is interested, this was NOT an anonymous poll. I did that to be able to get a good headcount. Click on the votes number, and it will show who is available for what.

#15 · (Edited)
alright, the first step.....I'm putting in for the time off of work for these dates (June Friday-the-13th,14,15) today. for right now, that's the best I can do. I still won't know for sure if I'll be able to make it or not. there are still too many unknown variables. so, I've got to play the waiting game for now.

#16 · (Edited)
#20 ·
Merc and my neighbor Jack will probably go too...Jack depending on work, and Merc depending on if he has a date or not.... ;)
Jack can sign up for vacation time too, so I will fill him in....gonna talk Vulcan2000 and his buddy into it too.....

#22 ·
nice pics wolfie.....

the place i was thinking of is Ackley and sons. its in westfield pa and not as close i was thinking. rt 6 should have more gun stores than most places.

#23 ·
Gun stores, bars/grilles, and motels....what more can one need ????...lol
I always loved Rt6....all the way from Danbury, Conn to the Pennsy west border...its real nice from Lake Wallenpaupack to Middletown, NY...then west of Scranton (Scranton sucks)....

#26 ·
With lotsa notice, Im sure he'll make it....his family cabin aint too far from there too....
But we have a decent headcount now, so we can mebbe start formalizing things....at worst, some can use the floor in some rooms...and Im sure you dont really need reservations for tents....we'll make it work....we always do !!!

#29 ·
ill have a room and Doc has spoken for the other bed. floor is open as well as the use of the shower

#34 ·
....soooo....looks like this is ON !....for the date decided, etc....I been workin on local distractions too, such as day rides and stuff....rest is a secret....you KNOW a gun shop or range will be in there somewhere...

Bessie and pilot will be there, and we dont care where we sleep !...lol
I dont plan on sleepin much that weekend anyhoo...

#35 ·
wolfie, do you plan on riding rt 6 accross pa? if so ill meet you guys

#36 · (Edited)
To save time, we may hop onto I-84 at times....but yeah, I was figurin Rt6 all the way from Milford....this crew will take Orange County Rt 1 to Westtown, to Rt6....6 to Port....then 6 thru Hawley and such and will bypass Scranton....after that, back on 6....

Where ya wanna meet up ?...yer welcome to come here (Warwick) the night before, stay at the WolfDen, then just do the whole thing with us....more than welcome brother....it aint fancy, but I got a sheitter an a foldout....property is secure...Im heavily armed...

You could hop the border, take 287 thru Dirty Jersey all the way up here....287 is a nice road...mostly once up this way....you can do some boogyin....I always took 287 whenever travelling west from here....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.