Great Lake Scoot poll - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

View Poll Results: will you be attending this get together?
For sure! 3 33.33%
Pretty sure. 2 22.22%
Unsure at this time 3 33.33%
Nope, I'm lame... 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Jack of all trades

Great Lake Scoot poll

Just wanted to get a poll going so we can figure out more stuff about this planned get together. For those of you who missed it here is all the relevant info:

Great Lake Scoot
A lot has been said about the Michigan ride next year, but we're here to say it's on! Since Michigan is known for it's abundance of water, what better ride then along one of it's great lakes. Looking to start and stay at the St. Clair Inn in St Clair Michigan located in the thumb right on the St Clair river. Great views of ships sailing by.*

http://www.stclairinn.com/

We will meet up there and stay 2 nights. I'll try to get us together. Lots of great restaurants near by and right on the premises. We will take off north along m25 that hugs the east coast. Great turn offs to view Lake Huron. Not twisty, but beautiful. There are several lake towns along the way to stop for lunch or rest periods. We can head back the same way, or head inland for some great farm lands and rural vistas.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/31...the-Thumb.html

Will do more research before all is through, but will return to the hotel for dinner and maybe a drink or two. Or we can change it up at will. Remember Canada is just up the road, so that could be a ride on Friday, Get some good Canadian brews.

Date: August 22-24*

So let's here from those of you up for a Michigan ride, then put it in your calendar and look forward to a great time. Buck eye bunch are you ready?
**Brought to you by: Stone poet, M_Angell, and birdhunter02

2003 vn750
1988 Pontiac Trans Am (project/driver)

Last edited by M_Angell; 11-12-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Those dates look pretty good to me sept 5 through the 8th is VROC's Central OH Rally ,I plan on Going to it and I think maybe,Blaine,Kanuck and maybe the ruger are planning on trying as well since it is kinda midway for all of them/

Iplan on going down to Maggie Valley in May this year and meeting up with a bunch of VROCers for a few days as well.

Aug. would probably make it about all I can run around on these road trips for one year.I need to come up that way anyway I sorta owe birdhunter and Nick and the Angells a visit anyway.

I had already forgotten the Buckeye bunch and The Yankees ride. More is good till the cash runs out anyway,lol

You all had just as well claim your run as this years Gathering unless some one else has.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 06:04 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Those dates look pretty good to me sept 5 through the 8th is VROC's Central OH Rally ,I plan on Going to it and I think maybe,Blaine,Kanuck and maybe the ruger are planning on trying as well since it is kinda midway for all of them/

Iplan on going down to Maggie Valley in May this year and meeting up with a bunch of VROCers for a few days as well.

Aug. would probably make it about all I can run around on these road trips for one year.I need to come up that way anyway I sorta owe birdhunter and Nick and the Angells a visit anyway.

I had already forgotten the Buckeye bunch and The Yankees ride. More is good till the cash runs out anyway,lol

You all had just as well claim your run as this years Gathering unless some one else has.
too late! I have already claimed it as the 2014 VN750.com MI., Gathering! lol

as for going? nope, I'm lame! lol ......j/k. the wife and I will do are best to make it. like I've said, we have never been on the bikes in MI., and we'd like to see more of MI.!

but as like Denny has said, there is the "Buckeye Bunch vs. the Wolf Pack" run, also the VROC meet up, the "Iron Maiden Run" is going to be moved next year from May to June. the wife and I are still going to do the spring Hocking Hills poker run. these trips are just the riding trips that I have planned for next year. there are other trips too! so like Denny said it's all good until the $ runs out! lol

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

Last edited by ruger; 11-13-2013 at 06:06 AM.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Mod

We're getting there. Come on you VN750'ers. Get with the scene. be there or be not there...something like that. I'm staying at the inn on the 31 and taking a dry run, so will be able to report back soon.

2003 1600 Classic
Sold
900 Seat Mod
Iradiun Plugs
V and H Cruzers
Windshield with Lowers
LED Tail Lights
Saddle bags
Chads Floor boards
Highway pegs
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 05:17 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

ok, just a heads up..............do to circumstances beyond my control, the likelihood of the wife and I to make it to this event (or any event) next year, will not be happening.

as of right now, ALL trips for next year or OFF! and most likely, by some chance we were to make it to any of these events, I'd be making the trip in the cage, due to me having to sell my bike next spring! which is most likely going to happen.

sorry guys.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Jack of all trades

!!!

That's a bummer man.

2003 vn750
1988 Pontiac Trans Am (project/driver)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Mod

So sorry to hear that. I'll make you a deal. If you make the scoot, I'll have a bike for you. .

2003 1600 Classic
Sold
900 Seat Mod
Iradiun Plugs
V and H Cruzers
Windshield with Lowers
LED Tail Lights
Saddle bags
Chads Floor boards
Highway pegs
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunter02 View Post
So sorry to hear that. I'll make you a deal. If you make the scoot, I'll have a bike for you. .
only if it's some kind of "hi-bred"/mutt bike! you know something like a hon-Zuki or a Yama-saki. lol

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Mod

Ha Ha. I was going to be nice and give you the BMW, but now your stuck with the mythical hybrid.
Actually it's going through a transformation right now and hopefully will be fully restored to the way the designers intended. Going through a color change as well.

2003 1600 Classic
Sold
900 Seat Mod
Iradiun Plugs
V and H Cruzers
Windshield with Lowers
LED Tail Lights
Saddle bags
Chads Floor boards
Highway pegs
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

the good news is.....I'm putting in for the time off of work for these dates (Aug 22,23,24) today. for right now, that's the best I can do. the bad news is.....I still won't know for sure if I'll be able to make it or not. there are still too many unknown variables. so, I've got to play the waiting game for now.

Last edited by ruger; 01-02-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement