2 Million Bikers Ride to DC - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

2 Million Bikers Ride to DC

Any folks planning on making this ride on 9/11?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:24 PM

I was in DC 29 yrs ago....never again, lol....the very next day I'll be up in the uncrowded Catskills for "Thunder" anyway.....KC went to this once I think... Wolf dont like goin too far into citified places, lol....

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

I ain't one for venturing inside the beltway on 4 wheels let alone two. Those people down there ain't right in their heads!

That being said, I am seriously considering making an exception this time around.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 10:00 PM

Well brother, dont put it all aside....if ya got somebody with ya, its better....but dont go solo....

I aint no city boy....Id rather do 4 hrs thru the sticks than 15 mins in the city....but its up to you and how confident you feel about city riding....I personally cant do it anymore, although 30 yrs ago, didnt bother me at all.....its all what your experience and mindset is....just dont do stupid, because I wanna ride with you more than once....

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

There's a group heading down from the Hbg area in the early AM and so far, about 150 PA riders have signed up to attend. As I understand it, folks are going to meet up at a DC Harley dealership for a "blessing of the bikes" and then ride past the monuments in DC without stopping or engaging those who plan to march into DC in support of American-Muslim relations.

Far as I am concerned, if I see anything that even looks like stopping, or an attempt to cause trouble, I am high-tailing it out of there and back north of the Mason/Dixon line!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 PM

I go into DC quite regularly for gigs and I HATE the driving and parking part of it all! I'm a fairly confident rider for being as green as I am, so I'm thinking hard about taking this trip. It's only 45min from me. I think my pops(v65 magna 1100) and I might make the trip together. I'm not really sure though. I have to get my bike running cooler, and my bevel gear case cap repaired first.

It would be cool to, at the very least, shake hands with a few of you.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 08:29 PM

See, around here, NYC being the closest big one, most of us ride close, then grab the bus in....years ago, was different....I rode to the NYC 81 area often....not no more....and I aint been in DC in ages, but even then it sucked.....Boston is a close second with all the damned one way streets, lol....ya can get lost easy, then end up with "Honky Lips" spray painted on yer tank......the city is fine fer those used to it....but for country boys, its some scary sheit, be you a seasoned rider or not....them people in cities are just plain nuts....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement