Roar to the Shore Wildwood, NJ - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Roar to the Shore Wildwood, NJ

Just wondering if anyone will be in Wildwood, NJ for the rally on September 5 through the 8th. I have made the last two years and have all intentions of being there again this year even if I am told "no speaking" after my upcoming throat operation. (as if my silence is a possibility ever) It is a really good time and can be done for a minimum of cash outlay. Last year there were more than 80,000 bikes and they are looking to pump that number to 100,00 or more this year. As mentioned, I will be there with several other riding buddies and I would like to set up a ride for possibly Saturday afternoon if we can get more people together. Location is pretty great and the local police pretty much let the bikers police themselves. They do not even enforce the metered parking as they do on other weekend convention/rallies. Its a great way to check out what a real bike rally really is without heading to Sturgis or Daytona. It is also an easy one day ride in and out for a wide area here on the east coast. From NYC down to Washington, DC could do it as a long one day event if time dictates.

If you are interested in going leave a message here with the days you will be in Wildwood. Also if you have a suggestion for a ride destination from Wildwood mention that also. Thanks.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 08-17-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

I guess either no one is heading to the NJ shore or people are waiting till the end to make a decision. If there is any interest let me know for just a meetup or to set up a ride on that Saturday.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 AM

Hi Tom, things are getting tight for me, between weddings, parties, kids birthdays, house work, real work, possible travel for work for a week then again for possibly a month, I need to pass on the shore this year. Was going to go down for just a day too, which may still happen but it does not look like it is in the cards. Good luck with your throat.

Merc
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
Roadhouse classic 2 > 1 exhaust
Okie Smokie intake config
Changed jets
52K miles or so, always going up
Corbin Seat
Painted flat black winter '12

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 01:28 PM

Garage
I may still make it for a day trip....was kinda hoping to drag Merc with me....maybe I can still convince him

If anyone from the North Jersey/NY area want so ride down for the day with me, let me know so we can plan it.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 PM
ass hole extaordinaire

i will not see you there but im in texas so im guessing i wont see any of you guys at the lone star rally either

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Sucks getting old but it beats not getting old.

i got my helmet but it sure makes licking the windows a chore

cell phone number for anyone who needs it 214-516-1738

photobucket link
http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/newrider9984/library/
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rider 9984 View Post
i will not see you there but im in texas so im guessing i wont see any of you guys at the lone star rally either
Good guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2dgq View Post
I may still make it for a day trip....was kinda hoping to drag Merc with me....maybe I can still convince him

If anyone from the North Jersey/NY area want so ride down for the day with me, let me know so we can plan it.
I'm really going to try to make it at least Saturday into Sunday this year. I'm traveling the following week so I'll have to see how prep for that goes before deciding...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:58 PM

I'd have considered it Tom, but my bike still has an overheating issue....also, I couldnt handle the NJTp, lol....Id need to take 287 down to wherever, then backroads, so KC and Merc wouldnt ride with me anyway....they like the bigroads....

Besides...its too close to Catskill Thunder, and Im cuttin that shorter as it is because of my spleen....2 days instead of 4, or sumpin....

I'll try fer next year...if Im still ridin, lol....

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 03:27 PM

Garage
I gotta work that weekend at the gun shop. Maybe I could plan it next year. I'd like to get out on a long ride now that I could get 250 miles on a tank of gas.

"Show me a man who makes no mistakes, and I'll show you a man who doesn't do things." Theodore Roosevelt."

2007 Victory Kingpin
Current projects - 1986 VN750 & 1988 EL250
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I'd have considered it Tom, but my bike still has an overheating issue....also, I couldnt handle the NJTp, lol....Id need to take 287 down to wherever, then backroads, so KC and Merc wouldnt ride with me anyway....they like the bigroads....

Besides...its too close to Catskill Thunder, and Im cuttin that shorter as it is because of my spleen....2 days instead of 4, or sumpin....

I'll try fer next year...if Im still ridin, lol....
Didn't know side roads were an option, you calculate the route, and if I am actually around and not ripping the remainder of my hair out, we can do back roads, I am sure KC will have no issue with that either, unless it turns a 3 hour ride into an 8 hour ride.... keep us posted on it, I am going to try if I am around. Just for the day though.

Merc
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
Roadhouse classic 2 > 1 exhaust
Okie Smokie intake config
Changed jets
52K miles or so, always going up
Corbin Seat
Painted flat black winter '12
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 05:00 PM

Would either be a shortcut to 206, or 287 to 206....I gotta get my thermostat out before I even think of it....
And today, my oil drain started leaking (picked up O-rings)...I may not even make Catskill at this point....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement