Check in for the riders that came down to KY - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Check in for the riders that came down to KY

When you all feel up to it, let us all know you made it home safe .If you have any pictures feel free to post them on this thread.

Ted and I are home safe although a little tired.Thanks to everyone who made it down here .I really enjoyed you company and I thought we had a great ride yesterday

We missed Mike and Kelley and Wib as well,May be next year every thing will work out. Mike if you and bird hunter workout some thing up that way next year, we will try to make it.Just do something about those Skeeters.

I am going to call and check on CW4(dave) and plan on going to see him and his family,probably on the day of the surgery,I will give an update on his condition as soon as I get eyes on him.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Jack of all trades

Oh we missed going down there as well. I'm sure bird and I will set up something real nice. No guarantees on the skeeters though lol.

2003 vn750
1988 Pontiac Trans Am (project/driver)
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Yeah, post some pics... I was looking forward to the ride for so long, really was disappointed in the weather, especially in northern Tn. and Southern Ky. ... I even thought about loading up in the PU and coming up, but just didn't like that Idea either...
Glad y'all managed to get in some good rides......
My Cowan cycle club has got me doing up a map guide up into Harlan Ky. and down thru Robbinsville/Tellico Plains for the weekend after Labor day... I may ride up and back with them in the weather works out OK...
Been some very good weather for the farmers, but sucked for us cycle riders...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 12:41 PM

I didn't get a chance to make it out either. Between the rain, school starting, and preparing to sell our house it's just been too hectic to do anything.

\m/ Jaymz \m/
SOLD! 1999 Vulcan 750 | Pics (bought 3/29/2013 with 5657 miles)
Upgrades: MF/AGM Battery|Kaw F&S Luggage Rack|Kaw F&S Windshield|NGK Iridium plugs DPR7E1X-9|Kaw F&S Saddlebag Supports & Turn Signal Relocators|River Road saddlebags
Fixes: Repainted battery cage|Replaced bent clutch lever|Replaced left headlight bracket|Splines lubed and new tires @ 6,000mi.|Sold @ 6320 miles on 10/28/2013
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:35 PM
gun slinger

Garage
I got home yesterday at 2:30 pm I posted a few pics in the main thread !

2010' voyager

2005 1600 nomad sold

1987 kawasaki vulcan 750 SOLD

1985 kawasaki vulcan 700 parts bike maybe
lots of hand guns
3 cagers doors kicked in

Last edited by centurynick; 08-12-2013 at 01:39 PM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Ruger, checking in. the wife and I got home today at around 1:30pm (we spent last night at kanuck69's house) and we were about 15 minutes form home and it started to rain. again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
When you all feel up to it, let us all know you made it home safe .If you have any pictures feel free to post them on this thread.

Ted and I are home safe although a little tired.Thanks to everyone who made it down here .I really enjoyed you company and I thought we had a great ride yesterday

We missed Mike and Kelley and Wib as well,May be next year every thing will work out. Mike if you and bird hunter workout some thing up that way next year, we will try to make it.Just do something about those Skeeters.

I am going to call and check on CW4(dave) and plan on going to see him and his family,probably on the day of the surgery,I will give an update on his condition as soon as I get eyes on him.
thanks so much Denny for setting this up. it was a BLAST! the only 2 things that would have may it better are.....1, NO RAIN! and 2,if we just had some time to make it to "BUB's". lol

also, please keep us updated on CW-4 (aka CCW). he's in our thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Angell View Post
Oh we missed going down there as well. I'm sure bird and I will set up something real nice. No guarantees on the skeeters though lol.
we missed having you "kids", down there too! yes, I think you and Birdhunter02 (aka birddog) should get together and plan something for MI. for next year. just make sure it's not during OHIO BIKE WEEK! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
Yeah, post some pics... I was looking forward to the ride for so long, really was disappointed in the weather, especially in northern Tn. and Southern Ky. ... I even thought about loading up in the PU and coming up, but just didn't like that Idea either...
Glad y'all managed to get in some good rides......
My Cowan cycle club has got me doing up a map guide up into Harlan Ky. and down thru Robbinsville/Tellico Plains for the weekend after Labor day... I may ride up and back with them in the weather works out OK...
Been some very good weather for the farmers, but sucked for us cycle riders...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...
we missed meeting you OD. maybe next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfite1978 View Post
I didn't get a chance to make it out either. Between the rain, school starting, and preparing to sell our house it's just been too hectic to do anything.
dude, we were right there! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurynick View Post
I got home yesterday at 2:30 pm I posted a few pics in the main thread !
glad to hear you made it home ok.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Mod

Thanks again Denny for setting this ride up. Great time. Great ride. Made it home Sunday around 7pm. Lots of traffic.
Mike, Stonepoet and I will set up a doosey. Lots of lakes up here. As for skeeters, just take a bunch of garlic pills. They won't come near you. Course, neither will we...

2003 1600 Classic
Sold
900 Seat Mod
Iradiun Plugs
V and H Cruzers
Windshield with Lowers
LED Tail Lights
Saddle bags
Chads Floor boards
Highway pegs
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
I really didn't do any thing much ,other than inviting every one and posting a few links.Planning a get together is a lot easier on every one concerned when lodging is left up to each individual.I just knew that everyone would enjoy the area and the riding. I'm just glad Blaine spotted the smoker going down the street from the Best Western.Good food and it was close by,

I really enjoyed everyone's company.I had been telling Ted about you guys for a while and he thoroughly enjoyed himself and say's you all are good peeps.

it's like the old saying "What if you had a party and no one came?" I had been stressed wondering if the weather was going to kill the whole thing,but it all worked out well.

Looks like this may become a rambling affair,Michigan next year?,Maybe the Dragon and the surrounding are the next.It gives more new people to have a chance to come to one more local to them.Although the Hills holds a special attraction to the ones of us who have spent any time there.I hope some of you want to come back and sample a little more of KY's great rides,we have only scratched the surface

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 07:13 PM
gun slinger

Garage
I'll be back down in Kentucky before the snow flies ! I really enjoy non straight roads ! If you ever want to ride straight roads come to northwest Ohio lmao at least I'm up here in the corner of this state ;-)

2010' voyager

2005 1600 nomad sold

1987 kawasaki vulcan 750 SOLD

1985 kawasaki vulcan 700 parts bike maybe
lots of hand guns
3 cagers doors kicked in
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurynick View Post
I'll be back down in Kentucky before the snow flies ! I really enjoy non straight roads ! If you ever want to ride straight roads come to northwest Ohio lmao at least I'm up here in the corner of this state ;-)
yup. same goes for northeast Ohio too! but Ohio, does have some really good/great roads to ride on. but you got to "run to the Hills", to get to them. lol

Centurynick (aka Nick Fury, aka McFlurry), just keep your eye open on here for the "2014 Iron Maiden Run-to-the-Hills-Run" posts and make sure you get in on it. we will show you some roads you will love!

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement