2014 Iron Maiden Run planning party - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

2014 Iron Maiden Run planning party

we are just about to leave to go over to Brian and Stacy's house for a 2014 Iron Maiden Run planning party! I think they are a little excited about going again next year,because this is way early to start planning for the next I.M.R.. lol

well, I'll let you all know how it goes......

hint, can you say Mesa Vista?

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

^ never mind, it's booked, already!!

but the Grand Tara Lodge is not! WOO HOO!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

things went well. it was nice to see some people that we haven't seen since May.
we looked at a few lodges and are going to call and get more info on them. we also are planning a "recon" trip to the Hills for next month to check out these places and see what the roads/drives are like, to see if they are "motorcycle friendly". yeah, it really just another reason for us to say we need to visit the Hills. lol

also, we talked about waiting to do the Iron Maiden Run until the summer. that way it would be easier for some people to get time off work and they could also take more time off and we could stay an extra day and not feel so "rushed". also we could do other things in the Hills, like hiking, ride some different roads, repelling, zip-lining and other things that we never get the time to see and do. again this is just a thought for right now. but it seemed like every one was up for it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Giggity!

Garage
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck69 View Post
Keep us posted.
you know I will! lol

yeah, I know it's a long ways out, but I didn't call for the party. it was Brian and Stacy's idea. the way it sounds, the "word" is getting a round and more people want to do the run! all it takes is one time to the "Hills" and they're hooked! hell, Brian wanted to ride down there Sunday (the day after the party), to do some recon on some lodges. lol we said we would take a trip down in September to do it, but he does want to wait. he wants to go now. right now. lol

Last edited by ruger; 08-05-2013 at 11:40 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
you know I will! lol

yeah, I know it's a long ways out, but I didn't call for the party. it was Brian and Stacy's idea. the way it sounds, the "word" is getting a round and more people want to do the run! all it takes is one time to the "Hills" and they're hooked! hell, Brian wanted to ride down there Sunday (the day after the party), to do some recon on some lodges. lol we said we would take a trip down in September to do it, but he does want to wait. he wants to go now. right now. lol
I know he is chomping at the bit ,but isn't there a fall Poker run as well in Oct.?
Oh, I forgot that's another reason to go back to the Hills . I have to make a run up to Grove City before bad weather sets in to visit my aunt,she has been threatening me,lol.. Her daughter has seen pictures of me in The Hills and ratted me out. She has said if I could ride up there,there was no reason not to ride to her house for a visit.

Keep me posted as well and I'll try to combine the two trips.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
I know he is chomping at the bit ,but isn't there a fall Poker run as well in Oct.?
Oh, I forgot that's another reason to go back to the Hills . I have to make a run up to Grove City before bad weather sets in to visit my aunt,she has been threatening me,lol.. Her daughter has seen pictures of me in The Hills and ratted me out. She has said if I could ride up there,there was no reason not to ride to her house for a visit.

Keep me posted as well and I'll try to combine the two trips.
yup. there is a poker run in the Fall too. the thing is, we have never made it to the Fall poker run. every year, we've have something else going on that we could never make it. now this year, we are not planing on going and as of right now, there is nothing going on that weekend with us either, go figure!

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

well, on the way back form the "KY. Iron Derby" the wife and I drove threw the "Hills". we stopped by the "Hocking Hills Motorcycle Ranch" to say "Hi Friend" to "M" but she wasn't there, . but we did get to talk to her husband so, that was cool too.

anyways, in our travels, we checked out the "Eagles Wings Lodge" www.eaglewingslodge.com. all the roads to the Lodge are paved. now, the big question is.....what's the drive way like?! well, it does have some up hill inclines, nothing too bad. but the whole drive way is PAVED! this place is sweet! as we were there doing we got to meet the owners son and he let us drive all the way up to the Lodge and look around a little. it was so cool. I told him we will be booking it sometime next year. maybe in May for the poker run or sometime in the summer. either way we will be booking it for sure!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement