2013 ride Plans - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
2013 ride Plans

Beat you to it Ruger.lol.Big question who is doing the Poker run in May and do we want to get Lodging together or every one fend for themselves?

Barring no unforeseen calamities I plan on being there,Does any one Know the date or have a link.
I would also like for this to be a time to plan for a summer run through the Red River Gorge in the Daniel Boone National Forest and a long weekend with a couple of days ride around Central Ky thrown in,or would every body rather take a trip to the Smokey mountains and Maggie Valley?it is time to start some Planning!...Who's in?

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Jack of all trades

I would like to know more about what you have in the works denny. Never been in KY that i can recall but from your pictures and stories it sounds amazing. If i can get enough notice i should be able line up enough vacation time to make an appearance with the missus.

Never done a poker run before but as i said: if i can get enough time off work I'd be down to make a trip.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Angell View Post
I would like to know more about what you have in the works denny. Never been in KY that i can recall but from your pictures and stories it sounds amazing. If i can get enough notice i should be able line up enough vacation time to make an appearance with the missus.

Never done a poker run before but as i said: if i can get enough time off work I'd be down to make a trip.
I have in mind to have a get together for a couple of days and nights with maybe a cook out and a tour of the Gorge, maybe a one day's ride down toward Clays Ferry for a ferry ride across the Ky river near Fort Boonesborough or the Bourbon Trail or the covered bridge ride.

If we get 5 or 6 bikes or more I'll try to get lodging squared away or camping for the ones that would like to do so.

Probably the regulars with a few more thrown in and a couple of days of two lane Blacktop riding thrown in,a kind of laid back long week end or maybe a week so people could come and go as needed according to their schedules.

We don't have to call it anything other than just an informal get together with riding sleeping and eating and friendship shared.

here is a link to last years poker run in Oh ,keep your eyes peeled and you will see some of us in the slide show.
http://www.visualtour.com/applets/fl...m=facebook.com

The poker run should be in May, Ruger may be able to find out an exact date.

For the Ky ride I am thinking Aug. or so.

VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:

Last edited by denny6006; 11-27-2012 at 11:12 PM.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Beat you to it Ruger.lol.Big question who is doing the Poker run in May and do we want to get Lodging together or every one fend for themselves?

Barring no unforeseen calamities I plan on being there,Does any one Know the date or have a link.
I would also like for this to be a time to plan for a summer run through the Red River Gorge in the Daniel Boone National Forest and a long weekend with a couple of days ride around Central Ky thrown in,or would every body rather take a trip to the Smokey mountains and Maggie Valley?it is time to start some Planning!...Who's in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Angell View Post

Quote:
I have in mind to have a get together for a couple of days and nights with maybe a cook out and a tour of the Gorge, maybe a one day's ride down toward Clays Ferry for a ferry ride across the Ky river near Fort Boonesborough or the Bourbon Trail or the covered bridge ride.

If we get 5 or 6 bikes or more I'll try to get lodging squared away or camping for the ones that would like to do so.

Probably the regulars with a few more thrown in and a couple of days of two lane Blacktop riding thrown in,a kind of laid back long week end or maybe a week so people could come and go as needed according to their schedules.

We don't have to call it anything other than just an informal get together with riding sleeping and eating and friendship shared.

here is a link to last years poker run in Oh ,keep your eyes peeled and you will see some of us in the slide show.
http://www.visualtour.com/applets/fl...m=facebook.com

The poker run should be in May, Ruger may be able to find out an exact date.

For the Ky ride I am thinking Aug. or so.
LOL! YUP! you beat me to it Denny! lol but it's all good!

well you know damn well I know when the "Hocking Hills Spring Poker Run" will be! lol.......

the dates for the "2013 Hocking Hills Spring Poker Run" & the "Hocking Hills Motorcycle Ranch" "Round-Up" will be Saturday May 18th (poker run) & Sunday May 19th (HHMR Round-Up).

as for the Lodging for the Poker run, I am taking names RIGHT now to get an idea on how many peeps and how big of a cabin/lodge we will need to book. this year I am booking early! I am NOT waiting to after the first of the year (it seem most of the places get booked up right after the first of the year) so Iit any one is interested, drop me an email at [email protected]
M_Angell, this means you and not to worry I will make sure you get a bed this time! lol

Denny, I think you have a great idea about the "get together" in KY.. I for one would love to see the Red River Gorge! I think we should talk more about this. I think we could even go as far as calling it the 2013 VN750 Gathering! so drop me an email and "lets spur this space pony on"! - The Tick

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
LOL! YUP! you beat me to it Denny! lol but it's all good!

well you know damn well I know when the "Hocking Hills Spring Poker Run" will be! lol.......

the dates for the "2013 Hocking Hills Spring Poker Run" & the "Hocking Hills Motorcycle Ranch" "Round-Up" will be Saturday May 18th (poker run) & Sunday May 19th (HHMR Round-Up).

as for the Lodging for the Poker run, I am taking names RIGHT now to get an idea on how many peeps and how big of a cabin/lodge we will need to book. this year I am booking early! I am NOT waiting to after the first of the year (it seem most of the places get booked up right after the first of the year) so Iit any one is interested, drop me an email at [email protected]
M_Angell, this means you and not to worry I will make sure you get a bed this time! lol

Denny, I think you have a great idea about the "get together" in KY.. I for one would love to see the Red River Gorge! I think we should talk more about this. I think we could even go as far as calling it the 2013 VN750 Gathering! so drop me an email and "lets spur this space pony on"! - The Tick
Dates duly noted and I am marking them on my calender for the Poker run weekend.As for Lodging,I loved what we had last spring,if some thing like that is available I'm in.And if we get as may people or more I can always hit the Budget in if we "spill over".Start planning and,I'll be there.

I will also try to get some info for the Gorge, we might have to get a block of rooms at a motel ,there are a couple that are really handy in the area,I'll also check on some cabin/lodges but I haven't seen any thing as large or new as the ones in HH.

VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Dates duly noted and I am marking them on my calender for the Poker run weekend.As for Lodging,I loved what we had last spring,if some thing like that is available I'm in.And if we get as may people or more I can always hit the Budget in if we "spill over".Start planning and,I'll be there.

I will also try to get some info for the Gorge, we might have to get a block of rooms at a motel ,there are a couple that are really handy in the area,I'll also check on some cabin/lodges but I haven't seen any thing as large or new as the ones in HH.
ok, Denny, I just did a little recon on cabins/Lodges at/around/near the Red River Gorge. what I have found already.....HOLY KAW!!!!! it's GREAT! this is what it has......

Living On The Edge
This lovely cabin, just completed in October 2011, is in a beautiful secluded setting and located, as its name suggests, on the edge of a cliff (well, a good 60-70 feet away). This large 2200 sq ft cabin is perfect for people wanting to get away and enjoy beautiful scenery right from the enormous deck of this 5 bedroom, 3 bath cabin. You can relax in the new jacuzzi hot tub on the back deck overlooking the cliffline, play a game of pool, snuggle around one of the two fireplaces, watch your favorite television program on one of the two televisions or catch up on e-mail.

For additional photos, look at www.redrivergorgecabinsrental.com

I think the wife will be like book it now! lol I will do a little more recon and see what else I can dig up.

let me know what you think.

also, they have a Zipline tour over the Gorge! this will be just one more reason the wife will HAVE to go next summer! lol this place looks like it could give the Hocking Hills a good run for it's $! lol

now as for the poker run in May....we were thinking on booking the same place as last year. but if we can get enough people to commit (collect enough $ for the deposit) we would book something bigger! something like "The Grand Tara Lodge" www.grandtaralodge.com

Last edited by ruger; 11-28-2012 at 11:56 AM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
ok, Denny, I just did a little recon on cabins/Lodges at/around/near the Red River Gorge. what I have found already.....HOLY KAW!!!!! it's GREAT! this is what it has......

Living On The Edge
This lovely cabin, just completed in October 2011, is in a beautiful secluded setting and located, as its name suggests, on the edge of a cliff (well, a good 60-70 feet away). This large 2200 sq ft cabin is perfect for people wanting to get away and enjoy beautiful scenery right from the enormous deck of this 5 bedroom, 3 bath cabin. You can relax in the new jacuzzi hot tub on the back deck overlooking the cliffline, play a game of pool, snuggle around one of the two fireplaces, watch your favorite television program on one of the two televisions or catch up on e-mail.

For additional photos, look at www.redrivergorgecabinsrental.com

I think the wife will be like book it now! lol I will do a little more recon and see what else I can dig up.

let me know what you think.

also, they have a Zipline tour over the Gorge! this will be just one more reason the wife will HAVE to go next summer! lol this place looks like it could give the Hocking Hills a good run for it's $! lol

now as for the poker run in May....we were thinking on booking the same place as last year. but if we can get enough people to commit (collect enough $ for the deposit) we would book something bigger! something like "The Grand Tara Lodge" www.grandtaralodge.com
Hey ruger ,start a thread on the Poker run Dates for 2013 and let's see how many are serious about going and let's get a head count early and some cash flow for the deposit started and we will roll on whatever we come up with.The date is set for that, so everyone should be able to make up their mind and see if they can afford it.

As for the cabin at the Gorge,I'll be driving down that way this week and I'll check the driveway out and see if you flatlanders can handle it (Motorcycle friendly) and get back to you on this.

VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Hey ruger ,start a thread on the Poker run Dates for 2013 and let's see how many are serious about going and let's get a head count early and some cash flow for the deposit started and we will roll on whatever we come up with.The date is set for that, so everyone should be able to make up their mind and see if they can afford it.

As for the cabin at the Gorge,I'll be driving down that way this week and I'll check the driveway out and see if you flatlanders can handle it (Motorcycle friendly) and get back to you on this.
sounds good!
I will start a new thread soon. the wife contacted Stacy & Cowboy last night and Stacy said she will talk to Bob and Honey-Sue too!

as for you checking out the cabin for us "flatlanders" (that's too funny!), good call! thanks Denny.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Concert connoisseur

Garage
Torn between two lovers, riding and rocking! may 17, 18 ,and 19 is rock on the range again this year, seems the dates always coincide! and as always depending on who's there (I hear Alice in chains this year) but usually is 40 plus bands. I will have to go with the huge crowd of half-naked women, crowdsurfing and moshpits! especially if the second stage is lined up with thrash bands like it was last year.

1986 vn 750 aka "Huck Farley"
42,000 miles
Rick's stator and rr
Tuxedo stator cover mod
pickup coil mod
dampers replaced
agm m/f battery
Harley sportster exhaust, degoated
Hid conversion
splines lubed
custom "vn750.com" grill cover
NGK Iridium spark plugs

acct to mcct mod https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17917

rekeying locks, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309

stator replacement walkthrough, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11369
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wib714 View Post
Torn between two lovers, riding and rocking! may 17, 18 ,and 19 is rock on the range again this year, seems the dates always coincide! and as always depending on who's there (I hear Alice in chains this year) but usually is 40 plus bands. I will have to go with the huge crowd of half-naked women, crowdsurfing and moshpits! especially if the second stage is lined up with thrash bands like it was last year.
I love you wib,but you are going to have to get your priorities in order,lol.

Think about the ride down this way and see if you can swing a few days off to come down,you will love this area.

BTW I was all over Southern OH,yesterday,I was pressed for time and came back to 23 on 32 around Lucasville from Milford Oh.I would have came up to Chilicothe(?spelling) but I didn't want to do a flip flop and come back to Portsmouth.

I drove up to pick up a set of faactory Nomad Bags and a Harley Batwing fairing from a member over on VROC,and driving up and putting eyeballs on them was better than shipping costs.

Any way,I have to come up to see my aunt in Grove City this spring (she has threatened me) so if you don't make the May run ,I may stop in and visit you on the way up.I could go a day early for the poker run and visit her and ride back down to the Hills from Cbus,Thinking out loud ,but seems like a plan may be developing here.I WILL see you this summer,God willing,see you later

VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement