The Wolf Pack's Delaware Water Gap ride. - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up The Wolf Pack's Delaware Water Gap ride.

Was a 90% success. We lost 4 riders out of the group, but ended up with 6 and some new riding friends.

The morning start was a little chilly. I met Merc and his Dad at his house, then we rode down to Rt23 and met up with KC...the 3 of us then headed west, and picked up RT94 south all the way to Blairstown. Seamless and flawless !.

We met up with some longtime friends of Merc's and his dad's, and the diner was packed, so we just fueled up and headed towards the gap. Countless detours and piss poor signage in that part of Pennsy...jeezus !...missed the onramp for the bridge, and had to 180 it back around...right over the Delaware, the road we were taking was barricaded off. I looked for a way to go around, but was none up the road. We pulled a 180 again. Oddly, on the way back to that exit, it was open from the other side, so, home free !.

We went thru the bulk of the gap, NP, towards Stroudsburg. More detours, and I missed the road I wanted to take. We ended up taking 209N thru the business district (sucked). Construction and detours the whole way (they DID get hammered there in during that last bad storm.

Anyway, finally got into the park area, and turned up Bushkill Falls Rd. A lot of it was 30mph. Used to be 40-45...guess too many deaths. So, we meandered leisurely thru the heart of the Poconos, and ended up on Rt6 near Lake Wallenpaupack. Took that east to Milford, crossed back into the good part of Jersey and took 206 south. Stopped at Gyps Tavern in Lake Kittatinny again (same cute barmaid too...Chloe...see Merc, I remembered, lol), and as it turned out, all with us had been there before at one time or another. Just like home !

After eating and taking a group pic by the lake, we headed further south on 206. My spleen started acting up, so I cut off early and beelined home. The rest stayed together to somewhere around Oak Ridge Reservoir, then came back up Berkshire Valley Rd.

Was a great ride, met some fine new folks with whom I look fwd to riding with again, and was a great "close of the season" ride. Although Im not dismissing having yet another if the weather suits.

Merc took pics, but his cam became our only casualty. Fell off his handlebar mount at mebbe 40mph ?...we have yet to see if anything got saved. Hope so !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 08:25 PM

go pro pics: http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/o...de%2010-21-12/

the ones of the clouds is of course when the camera fell off the bike, sorry about the scratched up windshield - during the ride my Dad asked me if I washed my windshield, I said yes, he said, "with what sandpaper?" I responded 'yes'. haha.. great time all! Waiting for the group pic! The go pro lives on! Now for a new mounting system.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 08:39 PM

group pic is now part of that album, thank you.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

A few outtakes from Mercs snaps...

And the Crew !!!

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 02:28 PM

Are you guys calling yourselves "The Wolf Pack" now?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Well...for lack of another...and, since I usually organize, pick routes, and lead. So, when Im leading a ride, ya.... But more for marketing/draw purposes than anything....besides, the members of the group act much like a wolf pack...they respect one another, will protect one another no matter what, and as a group, work well together. Thats not an official name. Was never suggested or voted for. I just used it fer "flash".

"Quad-State Riders Group", just seems a lil bland to me, lol...

Quote:
Are you guys calling yourselves
...aint you one of us ???...

Last edited by Wolfie; 10-24-2012 at 05:48 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 06:26 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Are you guys calling yourselves "The Wolf Pack" now?
Liberty,

This is just a group of us that ride together when able and nothing overly organized with hard strict rules except to have fun and respect each other and motorcycles. It could actually be any name but as Wolfie said he is the one that has been doing the ride lead most and he is very good at that with a large amount of experience from years back. Any suggestions for rides are readily accepted and if someone wants to be a ride leader the rest of us will give all the support needed for a successful ride. Anthony (KC2DGQ) and I have been helping with some of the organizational operations including contacts and just spreading the word but we are not restrictive in any way if someone wants to get involved. There have been riders outside of this forum on trips before and we welcome that by all means. Anyone attending a ride is welcome to bring along fellow riders or passengers. We only ask that everyone enjoy themselves and respect the other riders.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 PM

The Wolf Pack

Looks like a good time and a nice ride.

Mcneuby
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Even with a few "burps"...was a great time !....wish you were close brother !

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Well...for lack of another...and, since I usually organize, pick routes, and lead. So, when Im leading a ride, ya.... But more for marketing/draw purposes than anything....besides, the members of the group act much like a wolf pack...they respect one another, will protect one another no matter what, and as a group, work well together. Thats not an official name. Was never suggested or voted for. I just used it fer "flash".

"Quad-State Riders Group", just seems a lil bland to me, lol...

...aint you one of us ???...
Not to mention sounding like we'd be on 4-wheelers! I like the sound of "The Wolf Pack." In fact, I gotta pretty mean howl. It might make a good call sign.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement