Planning a little trip... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Ndr

Planning a little trip...

So, I'm planning a little trip for the end of June. Going to take me from Here in Pittsburgh, down to Eastern TN. Then up through Virginia and back home through West Virginia. Looking at approximately 1,600 miles in 5 days. Can't wait.

Google Maps Link

......I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere then in any city on earth.

*2014 VN900 Custom (16,200 miles and counting)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 12:23 AM

Looks like a blast! I hope you are travelling with a crowd?

Dave
----------------
2005 Vulcan 750
Purchased May, 2011 @ 2,172
Splines lubed @ 2,962 (were in good shape)
Küryakyn Daily Tour Bag
SS-28 Slipstreamer Smoke
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndr View Post
So, I'm planning a little trip for the end of June. Going to take me from Here in Pittsburgh, down to Eastern TN. Then up through Virginia and back home through West Virginia. Looking at approximately 1,600 miles in 5 days. Can't wait.

Google Maps Link
let me Know when you are coming through and I'll try to free up a day to meet you when you get to KY and run down to Lexington with you.I have family in Central Ky and I need to do some visiting down that way,I usually ride down the Mountain Parkway but it is only about 60 miles to Ashland and Summit from my house,That makes it not too far out of the way.I know some good places to eat on the way and a few little detours to make if you aren't on a real tight schedule.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Ndr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACataldo View Post
Looks like a blast! I hope you are travelling with a crowd?
Just going to be me and my brother, but I would do the trip solo in a heartbeat If I had to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
let me Know when you are coming through and I'll try to free up a day to meet you when you get to KY and run down to Lexington with you.I have family in Central Ky and I need to do some visiting down that way,I usually ride down the Mountain Parkway but it is only about 60 miles to Ashland and Summit from my house,That makes it not too far out of the way.I know some good places to eat on the way and a few little detours to make if you aren't on a real tight schedule.
Awesome, might have to try and meet up then. We'll be coming through on June 22nd. If all the powers that be cooperate, I'm planning on hitting Lexington anywhere between noon to 2pm. It really depends on traffic conditions and how early of a start we get. Schedule is a little on the tight side as were putting in about 600 miles that day, but there should be some room to play with as were hitting a hotel and don't have to worry about setting up camp.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Awesome, might have to try and meet up then. We'll be coming through on June 22nd. If all the powers that be cooperate, I'm planning on hitting Lexington anywhere between noon to 2pm. It really depends on traffic conditions and how early of a start we get. Schedule is a little on the tight side as were putting in about 600 miles that day, but there should be some room to play with as were hitting a hotel and don't have to worry about setting up camp.
sounds like I might be able to work that out ,Let me know a day or two ahead of time and I'll meet you when you cross into Ky and ride down 64 with you to Lexington.My daughter lives there and I can hang with you for a while and then spend the night with her,You do need to Stop at The Smokey Valley Truck Stop,just off I-64 in Olive Hill Ky for a little lunch ,It was featured on Diners ,Drive -ins,and Dives,and The Parkette Drive -In in Lexington was too.At least one of them "needs" a visit while you are down this way.

Looking forward to meeting a few more members on here.

P.S. if you all don't have them on your Bikes,I would highly recommend a Vista Cruise throttle lock before you make the long trek on the Interstate part of your ride ,one of my favorite accessories ,really cuts down on fatigue on the long hauls and worth the 30 or so bucks it costs.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X

Last edited by denny6006; 05-23-2012 at 05:55 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Ndr

Cool. yeah, will let you know as the date approaches what the actual finalized plans are.
I had one of those throttle lock on my Rebel for awhile until I went and broke it. Never got around to replacing it, and haven't had the Vulcan long enough yet to have though about it yet, but might be a good idea to have for the trip.

you know, I realized tonight that Google Street View is both great tool and a horrible, horrible tease.... I just wasted the 1st half of my shift at work following some of the more twisted roads to see what I've got in store. Really makes me wish that I was leaving right now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement