we just had a mini gathering! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Trip / Ride Reports & Get-togethers Want to plan a ride? Want to meet the faces
behind the keyboard? Set something up here!
Also check out our Regional Forums to find local riders!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

we just had a mini gathering!

well, yesterday Kanuck69 and wife (6 of 9) came up from Zainesville, Oh. and spent the night. also Bj31702 and wife (Mrs. bj ) stopped by for awhile to visit! we then went down to the goon's to visit with the rest of the "Iron Maiden Run" gang for a cookout and a boat ride!

then we started to talk about next years Gathering! we talked about how we what we could do different, what we could do better, what we would do next year and how long to do it next year.

so if any one on here would like to make any suggestions or has any ideas of how to improve things for next year, please feel free to speak up and post it here.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

Last edited by ruger; 08-14-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Giggity!

Garage
Like we were talking, finding the right place. Some of the larger lodges that could sleep pretty much everyone I think is a great idea. Snorers alike. I know I'm not the quietest sleeper! lol We'll have to set some sort of signal amungst us all when we go for our ride so we don't loose anyone again. lol I had no idea we lost part of the pack 1/8 mile into the trip on the first turn. lol
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Rider on the Storm

Garage
Sounds like the mini-gathering was a blast too!

Unless I happen to be on vacation at the time, the limited Friday-Sunday time frame works best for me - with Saturday being the focus day for activity (primarily a scenic ride followed by some kind of community meal).

Having a sufficiant number of lodge rooms and cabin options is sweet. And some, I suppose, may even prefer to camp.

Maybe passing out an itinerary/map for the group ride would help us stay together. If we're in a high-traffic area it's hard to stay linked up... also, some like to ride faster/slower than others.

EZC

Last edited by EasyRector; 08-15-2011 at 09:53 AM.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Jack of all trades

I'm all for more beds...my neck was jacked up for like a week from that futon. I know what I will do differently, take more time off of work so I am not so beat and can actually enjoy myself.

I would also like to see an organized itinerary so everyone is on the same page. That just makes everything gel together better instead of just "who wants to do this?". All in all there isn't much I would change.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyRector View Post
Sounds like the mini-gathering was a blast too!

Unless I happen to be on vacation at the time, the limited Friday-Sunday time frame works best for me - with Saturday being the focus day for activity (primarily a scenic ride followed by some kind of community meal).

Having a sufficiant number of lodge rooms and cabin options is sweet. And some, I suppose, may even prefer to camp.

Maybe passing out an itinerary/map for the group ride would help us stay together. If we're in a high-traffic area it's hard to stay linked up... also, some like to ride faster/slower than others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Angell View Post
I'm all for more beds...my neck was jacked up for like a week from that futon. I know what I will do differently, take more time off of work so I am not so beat and can actually enjoy myself.

I would also like to see an organized itinerary so everyone is on the same page. That just makes everything gel together better instead of just "who wants to do this?". All in all there isn't much I would change.
yes, I agree.

well, I did have a route mapped out! but, I forgot to print it out and make copies for everyone. yeah, that was my bad! sorry. I will make sure to next year to print out the map and to make copies for everyone!

as for an itinerary, I do believe I did post one on here before the Gathering. but, again (my bad) I meant to have that also printed out for everyone to have at the Gathering. yeah, that didn't happen. that again was my bad and I will make sure that next year it will happen!

thank you for the feed back. keep it coming! remember, help me, help you!

oh by the way.....thanks, "EZ-C" for the "pm". that really made my day!

maybe you should share that with the rest of the forum? I think they might agree with you too! lol

Last edited by ruger; 08-15-2011 at 04:36 PM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Rider on the Storm

Garage
Ruger Sends a Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
oh by the way.....thanks, "EZ-C" for the "pm". that really made my day! maybe you should share that with the rest of the forum? I think they might agree with you too! lol
OK, Ruger! I certainly didn't want to post this without your permission. But here it is... from the last Gathering... I entitle this photo...

Ruger Sends a Message

(I will post this on a new thread under "Motorcycle Safety" for those who haven't been following this thread.)

EZC

Last edited by EasyRector; 08-15-2011 at 05:49 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

so what does everyone think about something like this.....

www.mesavista-lodge.com/home.html

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Jack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
so what does everyone think about something like this.....

www.mesavista-lodge.com/home.html
Looks cool, but if you check the rates pages it says no atv's, motorbikes etc...
But that place looks like a compound.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Angell View Post
Looks cool, but if you check the rates pages it says no atv's, motorbikes etc...
But that place looks like a compound.
not should not be a problem, since none of us will be riding "atv's" or"MOTORBIKES". we all ride "MOTORCYCLES"!
I think what they mean by that is that they do not want people to do any off roading on the property. but I can check on that. I do believe I did ask them about that before and that is what they told me, motorcycles were OK, just as there was no off roading on the property.

Last edited by ruger; 08-18-2011 at 05:34 AM.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Jack of all trades

so I can't put big knobby tires on the vulcan and tear up the lawn? Where is the fun in that?

Seriously though, that place looks awesome. I wouldn't see there being a problem either but some people don't like motorcycles. Just thought it would be worth checking out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement