Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Just did the Hell's Canyon Motorcycle Rally

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DACataldo 
#1 ·
The HCMR is held in Baker City, Oregon every July. This was my second year doing it. Quite fun! Great routes. One is the Little Dragon. Go off the road there and you'd best either grow wings, wear a parachute or have your will already made out!

Main Street is the main motorcycle parking strip and the vendors are all lined up/down the street. TONS of HDs of course. 99% in fact. I saw two Triumph Rocket 3 Tourings, one Thunderbird LT, one older Nomad, and exactly one single 750 Vulcan. Mine!

I was sitting at a curbside table with some people I had just met in front of a local pub, looking at the throngs of people. My 750 was parked on the end of a long line of HDs. I did see a fella come over and really give my bike the look-over. He got down on his knees and was peering here and there, walking around it obviously looking at how it was out-fitted. He took his time doing it and didn't do that for any of the HDs. Cool!

Once again I had camped out at the local Baker High School grounds which was the official camp ground for the event. The trip to/from home and there is about 400 miles. With the tent bungee'd to the windshield, the sleeping bag bungee'd to the luggage rack and the cot and camp chair bungee'd on top of each saddlebag, the bike handled smooth as if nothing were there. No issues what-so-ever, except for getting rained on for the first two hours of the trip there. I didn't hit any rain coming back.

I'll be there next year except that I'll probably go for a motel room.

An interesting thing was on one route I came around a corner and a huge bull was standing in the middle of the road! His feet never moved but he did turn his head to watch me when I slooooowly rode past him about 10 feet away. The varmint didn't seem impressed at all.

See less See more
Reactions: roadpouring
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.