Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Stuck float
Thread: Stuck float
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
MSattler

Stuck float

Lets hope not! It seems to drive fine, the gauge never leaving the second hash mark. It runs a little warmer than the 750, but not outside of the normal range. I will pull the carb this weekend and try adjusting it. There was no fuel leak before I pulled the carbs when I first got, nor coolant leak. Could the increased pressure in the cylinder from the excess fuel cause this? Liquid always finds the weakest point. I didn't clean the tank or pull the petcock, so who knows what debris are in there. So much for flipping this! When I pulled the metal rod that holds the float needle, I just pulled it off, cleaned it, and tapped it back into place. I am unsure how to adjust the float, but I did what you had recommended last year, and made sure it was springy and moved freely. The float floated for 24 hours without sinking, but I did not check it for hairline cracks. There was no fluid inside when I pulled them from their bath and cleaned them. I will take better note when I go to start it today. The full can of seafoam seems to be working at least, as it is more responsive and occasionally gets puffs of black smoke with the back fires. I have noticed that the exhaust appears to have condensation on it. I didn't ear shave this one, and I plan on putting the sporster exhaust, since I am missing the left muffler past the heat shield. Could coolant be getting into the cylinder? Just spit balling here. It appears to drive fine, besides that I have used almost a full tank in 23 miles (revving it quite a bit, and keeping the rpms at 5k+ most of the time and A fuel leak)

'08 Road King Classic
'86 VN750:
Ear Shave, K&N Filters, Mean Streak Seat, AGM battery, Blue Wire Mod, Pick-up Coil Mod, Timing Advance Mod, NGK Iridium Plugs and Wire, LEDs, Bed Liner Paint Job, Over-sized Tires, New Brakes, New Fork Seals, Progressive Springs, Kick Stand Mod, Highway Pegs, 40/140 No Shims, Vance & Hines Exhaust, New Grips, Extra Wide Emgo Handle Bars
John 8:44, REV 2:9, REV 3:9 - If you were kicked out of 109 bars, would you think the problem was you, or the 109 bars?

Last edited by MSattler; 05-21-2020 at 11:05 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome