Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Bad runner
Thread: Bad runner
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
snowy

Bad runner

I bought my vn750 as a non runner a few months ago after owning Vulcan 1500 and EN500 which both run great. After many attempts found and changed a faulty coil cleaned carbs repaired sticking floats cleaned tank and put in new fuel also did an earshave for an ease of carb removal. It all appeard good ticking over and at low speeds under 40 and at full throttle but cruising was a nightmare with holding back and misfire? I've tried multiple jettings cleaned and checked carbs many times tried different carb vent locations checked resistance of pickups and coils new plugs leads etc but it still runs badly. Bike charging and voltage is fine.i moved pickups nearer stator as in forum but my bad cruising still persists. I keep ending up looking at the CDI box and In the end checked resistance in it all seems well except for resistances to pin 2- seem to be double. I opened it up and visually it looks ok. Any one out there got any answers to my cruising 1/4 throttle bad running

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome