Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Hotwire help please
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 02:59 AM
Thorn

Garage
Uh, maybe someone else can bullseye which wires are the right ones, but there's supposed to be a short but beefy length of wire with an eye that bolts onto the positive battery terminal, and that wire runs to one of the big terminals of the starter solenoid (which you currently have plugged on to the molex connector for the R/R) and attaches via a spark-plug boot looking thing. That boot should have a second, much smaller wire (white/red) running out of it, through a bullet connector, and then into the wiring harness which eventually connects in to the junction box as a white/red wire on pin 1.

I'm squinting really hard, but I don't see either of the wires that should hook on to the starter solenoid. It's possible those are still attached to the battery/frame? disconnected from the harness at the bullet connector?

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome