Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - 454 LTD Build
Thread: 454 LTD Build
View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
MadKat

Parts are at the powder coater and im awaiting anxiously.

Ive got new bar that arrived in the mail, along with some used parts:
the master cylinder and clutch from a 2017 z650 that im going to mount
to the new bars, designed for dual calipers and a little sleeker design, also
will allow me to use shorty levers which I really like.

Ive been looking at options to replace the controls as well. If I use the controls
from the EN500, it looks like they are pretty much a direct swap - wiring diagram
is the same and they have the choke integrated to the left controls, but they are
a little sleeker and more modern.

I am considering using the controls from a newer ex650 or z650, they would match
the fancy master cylinder and levers im installing, and they have a hazard switch I
could splice into the existing turn signal wires (the 454 doesnt have hazard function),
but the headlamp wiring would be a little different and im still trying to wrap my head
around that.

One more thing - Powder coating and rebuilding the trees, gauges, controls.. wanted
new fasteners too. Ive compiled a list of the fasteners that are used on the triple trees
and have ordered new ones. Wanted to share the info here in case it helps anyone.

Looks like the triples for the 750 and the 454 are damn near identical, the only difference
I am really seeing is the location of the stops that bump the frame when going all the way
left or right, those are on the lower triple for the 750 and absent on the 454.

The 454 comes with a single brake caliper, but shares the same two fasteners on the front
of the lower triple, it just used them for the horn instead of the brake splitter.

I didnt want to put rusty beat up old fasteners onto freshly powder coated parts ya know.

[SIZE="4"][B]"A ship does not sail on yesterday`s wind."
[I]-Louis L'amour[/I][/B][/SIZE]

Last edited by MadKat; 05-20-2019 at 08:34 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome