Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Taking the plunge!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
lrobe95

Taking the plunge!

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased my first motorcycle, a 2005 Vulcan 750. I purchased my bike with a leaking cylinder base gasket (I knew about this problem before buying) and I am going to attempt to repair the gasket with a friend of mine. After reading numerous posts I have a pretty good understanding of what this repair requires, however I would really appreciate any advice I can get that could help me along with the repair. Hopefully I can get this bike up and running sometime soon as I am eager to get on the road!

Additionally...
I am located in Richmond VA and purchased this bike with the intent on riding it on the blue ridge parkway/skyline drive and through the Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia! I also plan on outfitting the bike to be able to hold all my camping gear and climbing gear. My experience with bikes repair is minimal however I am excited for the challenge. Once this bike is up and running I would love to go riding with anyone in the area, however being new to motorcycling, my skills are still limited.

Last edited by lrobe95; 05-08-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Wanted to introduce myself a little bit better.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome