Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Hello from Transylvania and Sweden

931 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  roadpouring 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello
Just got a 1994 VN750a. Got it running yesterday after several day of tinkering. Must say thanks to this Forum!!!
This morning alone you all helped me adjust the idle...wow the valve was screwed all the way out...took about 10-15 turns to get it to 1100rpm.
Then read about how to fill the back shocks...
Yesterday I had to take the gas tank off to fix a couple of leaking fuel lines..
THANKS ALL..
So I'm almost 58 and just got the bike a week ago. Early b-day gift from my most wonderful lady - Adina. Haven't rides a MC in many many years...33 years in fact! The former owner had not ridden it in 4-5 years so it took several days to get the oil changed (to find the correct filter) put in new oil into the back "gear box" and changed the radiator fluid and in progress of changing the plugs...had to order a thin walled 18mm spark plug socket to change the back two plugs.
I used to work on my 65 Mustang so all the wrench turning skills are coming back. Have ordered a Clymars Service Manuel yesterday as well.
Rode it around the neighborhood 5 - 10 times getting used to the feel of the bike...kind of heavy going slow. After a bit I took it out of the slow roads and by the end of the day was feeling quite comfortable on it rode about 40 - 50 kms...
Now I need to get my license!!! But don't worry...I won't let the fact I'm not quite legal keep me from riding it these last few days of warm fall days (50 - 55 degrees)!!! :grin2:

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for the back story. Welcome back to riding. I'm 47 and just started riding a few months ago.

Welcome to the site (now that you've made it official).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.