Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

The Vulcan....

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  vulkan 
#1 ·
dependable daily driver....??Or....?? :surprise:

#2 ·
Much depends there. Remember it's a bike they stopped making 12 years ago, and most people here have ones much much older.
So being "dependable" has to be subject to the bikes history. My Vulcan was, after some work, dependable enough. But it was fairly new.
Any bike can break down, (and do it at the worst possible time)

So, you just gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky? Well, do ya punk? ;)

#3 ·
I rode my 95 pretty often to work. It left me stranded a few times. But, if you just get the AAA for motorcycles then you won't give a sht. Something happens, just have it towed home. No biggie. I think it was $100 a year on top of our cars. You get a 100 miles away with that before you start getting towing fees. Greatest thing since sex dolls.

#4 · (Edited)
Definitely do the pick-up coil & rectifier relocation mods, one makes it easier to start hot & prevents you from killing the battery, the other helps your stator live longer. Otherwise, I've heard these bikes last a while when taken care of, but also heard of them failing young. Mine went through some beatings before giving in and still got me home on one cylinder, so I'd say they have potential to be solid bikes. Like Knifemaker said, it's all luck.

#7 ·
Well...…..needed jump at the 'ol J.O.B. other day.Rode all way home 15 miles...then slowed to turn and QUIT.:frown2:pushed home about 200 yards...yes it was 85 degrees,humid,had me sweatin!!Charged battery,fueled,rode out then home (8 miles) battery showed 100%...so we see, eh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.