Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Starting the bike after it's warm
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
readparse

Garage
Yeah, I really do need to get an AGM battery and an on-board voltmeter. Both of these are on the "first things you oughta do" list, and I need to do them. I do have a trickle charger, which is nice. It came with the bike. But like many things, I think it's controversial, because some say it's better to take the bike through it's normal charging and expending cycles, rather than to keep it topped off all the time.

A new battery probably couldn't hurt, and some sort of on-board voltmeter (whether the installation is as fancy as I want) would help me to at least have more information when I have trouble starting it.

You never use the throttle to start, eh? I just took the advice of the previous owner, when he told me how he starts it. When I got back, I noticed the idle was a little low, so I adjusted the knob a bit more. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow, so I'll probably take another ride later in the evening. We'll see how it goes.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome