Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

ARRRRR need single carb help

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  lugnut1009 
#1 ·
So I've tried and tried with the original carbs and they have now been drop kicked across the field lol. I've got a single manifold built and a nice slab carb on it but need to know what size jets you single carbers are using?

#3 ·
would like to see some pictures of your setup..

as said, there is NO off the shelf setup for single carb

the number of carbs shouldnt affect the jet sizes, as long as the carb is properly sized for the demand of the engine. I would say the same size as stock would be a starting point

#5 ·
im in the same boat running the factory rear solo, some say stock jetting works some say you gotta up jet 20+ sizes..if you take the plunge please report back with your findings! I'm sure a good few will be thankful someone put in the footwork to find out.

#8 ·
honest-al on the other vulcan forum vulcanforum.com*-&nbspThis website is for sale!*-&nbspvulcanforum Resources and Information. did the single carb switch 08-03-14. Single Carb - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums He said he used a mikuni 38mm ,said he's sure even a 34 would work fine. He just used one he had laying around. He did not have to change the jet size. If you can find his post there He posted pics of it,really nice job. Hope this helps You! He was very pleased with it. He said it works great.
Get on that forum and search Single Carb ,Good Luck, Keep Us posted on Your single carb build.

#9 ·
Thanks for all the info guys but I'm using a mikuni slab carb 38mm and it's off an old drag bike so the jets are huge so need to change em. I'm going to go off the sizes that the vn800 used and go from there will keep you posted. Here's a pic the poly pipe is only tempary while I have the stainless manifold knocked up.

Attachments

#10 ·
I've thought a lot about this modification. What size PVC did you use? 1 1/2"? The design I had in my head was copper pipe fittings, 1 T and 1 90 with maybe a 45 on the outside going into the carb... I'm definitely interested in the outcome. Might go this route with my 85 when I get this far with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.