Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Please help removing centerstand
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Vulcanlover

Please help removing centerstand

I put harley pipes on my bike and took the goats belly off. The centerstand now hits one of the mufflers instead of the bottom of the goats belly. I put a piece of high temp silicone rubber hose with a zip tie around the centerstand where it rests on the bottom of the muffler. It works perfect but it has reduced my ground clearance and today it bottomed on a speed bump.

Can anyone please tell me the procedure for removing the centerstand ? I searched the forum and could only find posts saying it was a bitch to get the spring back on to re-install it but no thread on removing it. I just don't want to take it off wrong and I don't see how it comes off. Thanks for any help

1985 VN700A
FYI :
Kawasaki introduced the 750 cc class Vulcan worldwide in 1985. Due to tariff restrictions in the United States on bikes over 700 cc imported from Japan, the initial US spec model was limited to 699 cc. The tariff was lifted in 1986 and the Vulcan went to 749cc.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome