Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Feels like a new bike!

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  mlbking101 
#1 ·
So it was 40° here in WI and decided to take the bike out. After a few winter modifications, this is the end result.

I love the low rise handlebars, it makes the bike feel so nimble, almost like a sport bike. Got a few things left to do on it yet. Going to wait until it gets a bit warmer before I paint the engine black and put some wraps on the exhaust.

My speedo and odometer wasn't working all last year, just a simple cable replacement and it works perfectly now.

Can't wait till spring........

Ride safe guys.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I just put 45 miles on mine in a chilly 39 degrees in Western Washington state. Of course, I've got a windscreen on mine. It's niiiiice to let it run isn't it? Yours looks like its a bit louder than mine.........

#6 ·
Thanks. Rustoleum 500 degree engine enamel. Unlike the higher temp enamels the 500 degree stuff doesn't require it to be baked before it fully hardens. So you'll be a little less likely to scratch during installation. Using rustoleum appliance epoxy ultra hard paint on the frame, wheels, lower forks and foot pegs. I have a thread on here "back at it" if you want to check it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#12 ·
It's a Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak seat. Funny story, I bought a Vulcan 900 seat off eBay for $60, and then a guy a half hour from me was selling the Mean Streak seat off Craigslist, which I hear fits WAY better. Crazy stroke of luck. I love it, real comfortable, and looks damn slick.

So I have an extra seat I may throw up here if anyone's interested in the 900 seat.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
looks good on there

this is a 2006??? I think solo seat offa sporty with a bobbed rear fender and a cut down frame

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.