Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Choke Cable Broke?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
JimmyMac
Eagle Riders 4146

Garage
Choke Cable Broke?

Mid 70's yesterday...upper 40's today. '03 VN750 is sitting at the curb on the street. She's cold natured, and when I tried to move the choke lever so I could pull the bike up into the driveway I felt like the cable may have snapped. The choke lever moves freely to the open and close positions as if cable is no longer attached. I've purchased a pair of Buckhorn handle bars, so I'm not really interested in fixing the actual cable now as I'll be having all new cables installed when I replace the handle bar. However, I need to get the bike started to move it; my house sits up high off the street, so pushing it up the STEEP driveway really isn't something I want to do. This happened a couple hours ago; it's dark, and I had to leave for work, so I wasn't able to trace the cable back to the engine. Is the opposite end of the cable visible...and fairly accessible...where I could use a pair of needle nose to "close" it to start her up?

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere; and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself."[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[I]'03 VN750 aka "Shelley"
42K Miles
Purchased July '16
Oil Changed - Shell Rotella 5W40
Radiator Flushed - Engine Ice
EMGO 19" Turnout Mufflers
Super Start AGM MF Battery (220 CCA)
K&N Air Filters - No Ear Shave
Stay tuned.....[/I]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome