Can we at least try? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Old Fart

Garage
Can we at least try?

To put threads in their proper places that is.

We have a section that bikes for sale can go in.

We have one that says "Brakes" ...so good spot for questions on brakes.

Seafoam could be under "equipment" ?

Not asking you all to hurt your head thinking about it, but at least give it a shot, worse case , even if you are wrong, you get credit for trying.

General Discussion is for anything you can't rationalize putting somewhere else. (that deals with the Vuclan or bikes in general)

Thanks,

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:22 PM

id say sea foam could go under fuel systems/ carbs as well.

'99 VN750 with 8900 miles and growing (3,111 when I bought it 03-22-08)
Ear shave with Unipods
Drilled mufflers and degoat
TOC springs
N/C Street shield EX windshield
Jumbo Saddleman Highway Studded saddlebags
Willie and Max Saddlebag mounting kit
License plate turn signals
Home made sissy bar
Luggage Rack from Scoop
http://youtube.com/user/99vulcan750
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:25 PM

agreed...... even thought im usually looking under new posts it will help for future reference when anyone goes looking for something..

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

I'll consult with my legal staff but I think they will advise me to recommend that Sea Foam go under Fuel/Carbs. Hell with it, I'll just go with that and save myself $300 for the consult... Fuel and Carbs

I use New Posts all the time, easiest way to find something new to read.

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Hmmm, I've never used Seafoam, but thought I remembered reading here somewhere that it went in the gas tank...
So to put it under the Fuel & Carbs. do you just tie it under there with a string...???
Gripe, gripe, gripe, some folks would gripe if you hung them with a new rope, come on folks lets talk about our bikes, or warmer weather, riding or something pleasant and quit our durn gripping...
If it has to do with what this forum is about, and not some off the wall crap starting stuff, hey just read it you might learn something, or be able to help someone that is having a problem...
My dad used to say you could learn from a fool, it might be what not to do, but you could learn...
BTW-The poster that ask about the Seafoam, I think it was their 6th or 7th post, thats the way to welcome a new member, make them feel like crap, they'll be sure to come back and offer their views and experiences...
OK-I've hushed...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...

Last edited by Old Dog; 02-26-2009 at 07:59 AM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 05:07 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

I'm not griping just trying to have fun with a response on where I thought it should be. I totally agree that we need to keep the posts where they belong. It's hard enough to read them all and I try to do that. When I need a thread because I'm trying to do something or fix something or just want to know, it'd be nice to go to that section and not have to weed through the mud to find it.

My 2 cents is done, and that's 2 cents that the lawyers won't get now.

Have a good one!

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
Hmmm, I've never used Seafoam, but thought I remembered reading here somewhere that it went in the gas tank...
So to put it under the Fuel & Carbs. do you just tie it under there with a string...???
Gripe, gripe, gripe, some folks would gripe if you hung them with a new rope, come on folks lets talk about our bikes, or warmer weather, riding or something pleasant and quit our durn gripping...
If it has to do with what this forum is about, and not some off the wall crap starting stuff, hey just read it you might learn something, or be able to help someone that is having a problem...
My dad used to say you could learn from a fool, it might be what not to do, but you could learn...
BTW-The poster that ask about the Seafoam, I think it was their 6th or 7th post, thats the way to welcome a new member, make them feel like crap, they'll be sure to come back and offer their views and experiences...
OK-I've hushed...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

But appearently you have no problem making me feel like crap for trying to make this forum a bit more proffesional and nicer for those that do decided to stick around.

I was not aware I was griping...I thought I was only suggesting that we make some attempt to use the tools provided here in the way they were meant. After DMAG's post about putting non topic posts in the Goats Belly, it just sounded logical to continue that trend and see if we can't , as my mom would say, "tidy up and make the place nice"

So good job old dog for responding with a negative post against a fellow member. A real "shoot first and ask questions later" type aren't you?

Did you ever hear the phrase "Netiquette" ? I realize you might be new to the whole internet/computer thang , but there are actualy guidelines of behavoir that most do try to follow. Just google "internet forum etiquette" and I am sure you will find some intresting and informative reading.

Lord knows I have been known to break a rule now and then, not saying I am a saint here either , but one of the forum etiqutette guidelines is to always assume the best about anothers post. This means if how you read it seems to suggest a negative thought or comment, you should give them the benefit of the doubt, and not slam them (another no no) because words can be read differently by others and it may not have been their intent to sound negative at all. (or bitchy, or angery or whatever)

As you read those other little suggested ideas you might find one saying that posts should follow the topic header, which is all I was suggesting.

If you look at my post you can see I been a member here almost 5 years, and I will tell you in the past year or so this forum seems to have soured some. I am not alone in my thinking here, I have recieved sevaral PM's from other members saying the exact same thing. What's the main cause? Petty bickering and lack of forum etiquette.

If you think it is griping to ask the members here to at least think about it a second before just lumping evey post in "General Discussion"... then you appearently don't care about this forum to begin with.

Some may have noticed that I no longer suggest things like doing a search before asking a question, that one should stay on topic and post a new thread (rather than ask about tires in a exhaust post), that one should make the title of their thread revelent to the topic and not use obscure or insanely general thread titles like " Question?" , or that one should not list every freaking thing they did to their bike in their sig line. ..I can go on...all found in
"Netiquette" suggestions.

But you noticed I no longer try with those. Because it just seems to fall on deaf ears and no one really seems to give a crap anymore. So, I just gave up. My last bit on at least "attempting" to pick the right subject header seems to be a bother for you too it seems.

At least I hope some will pick up the ball now and then and keep this forum from sliding into the crapper. And the folks that don't will just sit there and wonder what all the fuss is because they don't have any clue how much better this site could be.

And if I did somehow offend or scare off the new guy who just happened to put a post about seafoam in the "wrong place" ...I 'm sorry. But,hey, you are a new guy and allowed to make mistakes. Now you know.

If you don't tell the new guys the rules you end up where we are now.............................

And to others who posted in this thread , Yes ... I purposely suggested SeaFoam be put in "equipment" to prove my point that it takes you just a second to figure out where a thread should be put.

"Sometime people do need me to help. But the trick in helping them is to do it in such a way that it would appear you have done nothing at all...."
God to Bender in a Futurama Episode.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 05:37 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

My most humble apologies and I'll leave this discussion at that.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 06:38 PM
On His Lady Vulcan

GOOD GAWD!!! when can you tell its still winter??? Go to a motorcycle forum and start reading all the cry babies spew about nothing at all and bitch about, again, nothing at all.

Peace

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Old Truck Junkie

I'll go through my sig and clean out the old.

02 honda sabre 1100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement