Helmet Speakers - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
At Least I Can Spell!

Helmet Speakers

Got these boys from Ebay for 15 bucks. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Othe...1%7C240%3A1318

Easy mount, stick with their own velcro backing, cables hidden in the lining, sound real good. Just plug in, adjust the volume control, clip 'em on and we have zero distraction background music on the way to... where ever.

Michael
2002 Nomad 1500
VROC #29972

----------------------

Last edited by msh1156; 05-25-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 PM

awesome man... im thinking about getting a set cuz i kill my ears when i put my helmet (scorpion exo) on my head....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:00 PM

how is sound level with those? can still hear what's going on around you such as engine, cars, horn...etc?

Thanks

PEACE!!!

2005 Vulcan 750

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Think this subject was discussed a few times before, with a few precautions about your hearing. (in . oddly, "Equipment")

usefull info here:
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8081

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
At Least I Can Spell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
Think this subject was discussed a few times before, with a few precautions about your hearing. (in . oddly, "Equipment")
usefull info here:
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8081
KM
Perhaps this is a repeat subject as you say, but I was kind of excited to share something I was happy about. Sorry... I'll watch that from now on.

Michael
2002 Nomad 1500
VROC #29972

----------------------
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Sorry if that came off wrong, I was not trying to spoil your enthusiasum, just give you some info on about some warnings pertaining to helmet speakers, your hearing and the law.

The most important point being that many who install "speakers" in their helmet end up (at least occasionaly) turning the speakers up LOUD so they can rock to the music while on the highway. This coupled with the exsisting wind noise can add up exposing your ears to sound levels that can in fact damage your ears. Oddly it might not sound that loud to you while doing it...and that is the problem.

You can of course avoid most of this by being behind a tall windscreen, or simply not turning up the music when you go faster.

Alot depends on how loud your helmet was before hand, and every helmet/head combination is different.

Strangely, many long distance riders wear earplugs to cut noise, but can still hear their music via helmet speakers.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
At Least I Can Spell!

Thank you for the information. Riding will be enough "rock" for me. I merely wish to continue enjoying some talk radio and light jazz during my commute, and if I were to head out for a longer trip, an audio book. No need for pumping rhythms and the damaging air pressure they bring. As to going faster, I doubt I'll ever exceed 75 MPH. I'm not in that big a hurry anymore. And hell... my own voice booms inside that helmet if I happen to talk to myself, so I have serious doubts volume will be a problem regardless of what the naysayers may think. And if it turns out not to work for me, I'll drop it. I decided some time ago I wasn't going to live my life worrying about what can go wrong and being afraid like so many others want us to be. If I die deaf, they'll just have to call my name twice at the gates of hell.

Michael
2002 Nomad 1500
VROC #29972

----------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement