Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Recent Accomplishments with Forum's Help!

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  lance328 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy Folks --

With the help of you fellow Vulcaneers I finally got my neglected (by the PO) 94 Vulcan, nicknamed Mr. Spock, looking good enough to post some pics.

The most work so far but really made a huge difference is the rust removal. I mostly used 0000 steel wool and a cleaner/polish called Weenol on the chrome/metal surfaces.

Rather than remove the Speedo/Tach, I carefully masked and covered the entire bike to protect from overspray. Then I sanded, primed and painted the Speedo/Tach rims satin black--looks a heck of a LOT better don't ya think!?

The next biggest thing is to resolve the rear cylinder issue!

Recent accomplishments:
oil/filter change
new spark plugs
new horns
removed 'tons' of rust
installed saddle bag brackets/moved turn signals
painted speedo/tach
removed front fender for painting (Looks good w/o fender!!)
MF Battery
connected battery tender plus
dealer replaced throttle cables/throttle grip

Thanx everyone! :beerchug:

See less See more
#2 ·
Great Job!

#3 ·
Hey, lookin good OFL...:smiley_th...:rockon:...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#4 ·
Looks really good! One of these days I plan on painting my speedo/tach and maybe some of the other shiny parts. Not because of rust, I'm just not all that into chrome myself.

#6 ·
looking awesome there man.... i did the same myself and i think it looks better than stock... sometimes i forget that they used to be silver... anyway great job and keep up the good work bro..

#8 ·
Looks good FR. Mine aren`t as bad as yours were, but definitely need cleaning up. I`ve got an analog voltmeter with an exterior case made from a white plastic bottle that a prescription cream came in. I`ll have to paint them all to match, when I can install the voltmeter.

#9 ·
Nice job, I need to do that to my 94 this year. I really like that color in 94 too. I've only seen 1 other in that color.

#10 ·
To: Shark, OlHoss, Liberty Pilot, BigRepp, Antiq, Hyper, OldDog, crznurs,

Thanx to everyone for your comments! :smiley_th

#11 ·
Great job on the scoot! Hard work does pay off. :smiley_th

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.