first ride of the new year 2009! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

first ride of the new year 2009!

just have to say I went for a short ride and now I have ridden in each of the 12 months of the year!
when I was comming home from work I saw a motorcycle on the road comming at me and I saw that it was my next door neighbor. so when I got in the drive I told him now I need to go for a ride too. I told him I'll go warm up the bike and we could take a short ride. he was all happy and said cool!
we took a short ride over to the next city to see what was left of a house that had blown up last week. there wasn't really anything left. cleaning crews have busy removing all that was left. all the houses around had damage and windows blown out. it was kind of crazy. the blast was so loud and strong that my kids heard and felt it in our house. we live about 4 miles away from ground zero!

Last edited by ruger; 02-02-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 05:32 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

We might have the chance this weekend if the weather report holds....

I wasn't able to get mine out in Dec or Jan but it sure feels alot longer. Good job getting out there!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
just have to say I went for a short ride and now I have ridden in each of the 12 months of the year!
when I was comming home from work I saw a motorcycle on the road comming at me and I saw that it was my next door neighbor. so when I got in the drive I told him now I need to go for a ride too. I told him I'll go warm up the bike and we could take a short ride. he was all happy and said cool!
we took a short ride over to the next city to see what was left of a house that had blown up last week. there wasn't really anything left. cleaning crews have busy removing all that was left. all the houses around had damage and windows blown out. it was kind of crazy. the blast was so loud and strong that my kids heard and felt it in our house. we live about 4 miles away from ground zero!
Glad to hear you got out for ride Ruger. Nothing like a little friendly competition to motivate ya! Sorry to hear about the house though. How does an entire house just blow up anyway? I hope everyone was ok...

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Daily rider

Garage
I've been wanting to ride each month this year, too. Started snowing at the beginning of Dec, and the roads just have not been condusive to riding a bike until now. I may try to get out on Friday. It's supposed to be up near 40 degrees, but there's also snow in the forecast. My poor ride has been sitting in the driveway with the cover on the last two months.

2017 Indian Roadmaster (current ride)
2003 VN1600A (Traded August 2017 to #1 son for a Bushmaster AR)
2001 VN750 bought 4/19/08 w/2309 miles(Sold April 2010 with just over 12,000 miles)
VROC #33035
__________________________________________________ ________________
Just when I thought I was winning the rat race, somebody moved the finish line!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Glad to hear you got out for ride Ruger. Nothing like a little friendly competition to motivate ya! Sorry to hear about the house though. How does an entire house just blow up anyway? I hope everyone was ok...
thanks.
as for the house, we believe it was from a gas leak and no, not everyone was ok. the 86yr old woman that lived there died. her husband and dog survied.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmnet View Post
I've been wanting to ride each month this year, too. Started snowing at the beginning of Dec, and the roads just have not been condusive to riding a bike until now. I may try to get out on Friday. It's supposed to be up near 40 degrees, but there's also snow in the forecast. My poor ride has been sitting in the driveway with the cover on the last two months.
I hear ya. it just eats away at ya. just check the weather and it should be around 40 degrees Sat. and Sun. now if the rain just holds off, I'll go for a ride.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Undercover Sportbiker

Are you guys trying to make me feel guilty or something? Cause it's not working. Riding every month of the year is par for the course here in CA. I feel bad for everyone who's snowbound. But like someone else said - you get snowmobiling, skiing, etc. so I don't feel THAT bad LOL.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCruzin View Post
Are you guys trying to make me feel guilty or something? Cause it's not working. Riding every month of the year is par for the course here in CA. I feel bad for everyone who's snowbound. But like someone else said - you get snowmobiling, skiing, etc. so I don't feel THAT bad LOL.
Yeah snow can be fun and we do occasionally get off work for it too. Plus it makes the first 65 degree day in Spring that much sweeter. I like having all 4 seasons, there's several ways to enjoy each one. If I ever move, one thing I will undoubtedly miss is PAs Autumn. People from all over the world travel to see it...and its worth it!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

And PA's Winter; folks from all over PA go south to avoid it! We call 'em snowbirds!

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitecontrol View Post
And PA's Winter; folks from all over PA go south to avoid it! We call 'em snowbirds!
You don't want to hear what we call'em.........
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement