Noob introduction and some questions - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance328 View Post
If you are going to get service done at a Stealership be prepaired for a healthy bill. I would call first and ask them how much and what will be performed. Have them put it in writing and have them acknowledge you will only authorize said repairs. They have a habbit of charging you for work you did not authorize. Considering the age of the scoot have the coolant flushed and filled. below is a link to download a service manual at the bottom of the page.
Thanks for the link. I think I'm going to start off by giving it an oil change. I figure it can't hurt. After looking at the service manual it seems like the oil change is incredibly easy. I'd like to replace the filter also. Can I get a new one at most repair shops? As far as oil goes, I think 10W-40 is probably my best bet living in Florida unless you guys think otherwise. Is there a particular brand of oil that you would recommend? The service manual says to clean the oil screen with a high flash point solvent. Can you guys give me an example of a high flash point solent that you use? Lastly, the service manual shows a bunch of different models of VN 750s that all look pretty similar to me, how do I know which one is mine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:39 AM

the vn750 are all the same.. the A# is just the year differences.
I have used Rotella T 15w-40 without any trouble.Check the vulcan verses thread for PLENTY of info on oil, filters, etc...

'99 VN750 with 8900 miles and growing (3,111 when I bought it 03-22-08)
Ear shave with Unipods
Drilled mufflers and degoat
TOC springs
N/C Street shield EX windshield
Jumbo Saddleman Highway Studded saddlebags
Willie and Max Saddlebag mounting kit
License plate turn signals
Home made sissy bar
Luggage Rack from Scoop
http://youtube.com/user/99vulcan750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement