Help with Tour Master Cruiser II bags - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Help with Tour Master Cruiser II bags

Hi. I just received my Tour Master Cruiser II saddlebags. On each side of the bags there are straps with velcro on the ends and a male fastener in the middle of the strap. The fastener is like the quick-release fasteners under the buckle - but smaller. There are no female counterparts for the fasteners.

I assume that I use these straps to secure the bags to the bike to keep them from flopping. But I don't see exactly how to use them. The directions show strings to fasten the bags to the bike - so they must be outdated.

Can someone enlighten me on what I do with these male fasteners?

Thanks! Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 09:39 AM

Re: Help with Tour Master Cruiser II bags

Mark,

I got the same bags, and had the same issue. Forget about contacting the company - there are no addresses/phone #s to contact.
After sometime I was able to figure it out.
Do you have saddle bag protector bars on your bike? If not, you will need to get them to use the straps.

In the bag there are two straps for each bag. These straps "plug in" to those buckles on the ends of each bag.
Hoop these straps through the saddlebag bars.
Create a crisscross with the straps making sure one strap GOES THROUGH the other and into the respective buckles.
This will insure the straps dont sag to the bottom of the bar thus...doing nothing, but, will keep the bags taught to the bike.
Let me know if you have any issue, I will take some pics and send them to you if you can't figure it out.

Dom
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Are you saying there should be straps with the female connectors in the bag? There aren't. Only the rain covers. The Kawie saddlebag supports are on the way. Now I just need to figure out if I'm missing the straps - and if so - how I can get them!

Thanks for the reply! Mark

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 08:23 PM

The straps have the female connections. They came in one of the saddlebags in a seperate bag from the covers.

If you dont have them, I would return the bags to the company you purchased them - or, if a local merchant, drop in and see if they have another saddlebag set and they can just give you the straps w/o having to do a return.
All of thei Cruiser II bags (regardless of size) come with these straps. I remember seeing them at my local bike shop like that.

Dom
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 08:24 PM

BTW - Without these straps - the bags will flop abit in the wind especially when not fully weighted down with your stuff. So I advise not riding with the bags unless you have the straps on.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Okay, I feel like an idiot. The straps were in the bags the whole time. I got Kawasaki's supports and, because they're slanted, it looked like one of the straps would fall to the bottom of the support.

I'll play with it tonight and try putting one strap through the other as you advise.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Mark
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 11:36 AM

Hey Mark,

Yes, my supports are slanted too, and my first attempt the straps fell to the bottom. Thats when I realized if I made them tight and looped them thru each other, that is works VERY nicely!

Let me know if you need help or pics.

Dominic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement