Feedback on 2006 750 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Feedback on 2006 750

I thought I'd start a new thread because I am seriously looking to buying this bike and also have many questions about maintenance and repair items such as ....STATORS.

Here goes.The bike has 650 miles on it. All original. I rode it and it has some hard time staying running, probably did not warm up enough. After I test drove it, it ran fine. He is asking $4800 for it which is above KBB, but then again it does only have 650 miles.

Thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

PS. I decided to forego the Magna because of it's weight and the fact that the styling does little for me. I prefer the spartan looks of the Vulcan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Old Fart

Garage
4800 bucks still sounds a bit high...does it have any extras ..like windscreens, aftermarket seat, saddlebags, etc??

Sounds like it needs a few good treatments of Seafoam and a MF battery, but I would wager if you get it you will own the lowest mile Vulcan 750 in the world...so if you like the ride and have the cash...go for it.

The whole stator thing is a bit overblown , I had my 2002 bike for almost 5 years and not one problem..as many threads you read about stators there are many more not about it, and most problems seem to be older bikes than the one you are looking at.

There are things you can do to help prevent many of the maladys reported here.

You only live once, get what you like and have fun before you check out.....................

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Great advice KM.

The bike does not have any extras. I agree that the asking price is still a bit high, but it is tempting to buy something that is practically brand new.

Last edited by nikos; 08-27-2008 at 11:18 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Bought my 2003 in 2006, so it was 3 years old. The PO used it for one year, put on 2,000 miles. He then bought a Harley and a second Harley. Fearing the wrath of the wife he stached VN750 in his friend's the car dealers shop. The moral of the story is that the bike didn't run for 2 years until I took interest in it.

They put on a new battery for me which was good but ultimately I had to have the fuel system cleaned out because the gas sat there all that time. I also had a problem with one of the rubber manifolds that connects the carb to the cylinder and the air leak make me nuts whenever the bike warmed up. All that was a few thousand miles ago and the bike is a wonderful machine.

The price may be a bit high but where are you going to find another one with that mileage. Like KM said, if you have the bucks go for it. With the wind in your face you'll soon forget the extra loot you paid over what you think you should have.

Ride safe and remember, shiny side up.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Lebanon, NJ

That's right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemguy View Post
The price may be a bit high but where are you going to find another one with that mileage. Like KM said, if you have the bucks go for it. With the wind in your face you'll soon forget the extra loot you paid over what you think you should have.
I agree, I paid a bit high 1.5 years ago, a 2000 with 3,600 miles. Seems like a distant memory now.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 10:25 AM

My 06 had just over 9000 on it, saddle bags, windshield and a drivers back rest. Gave 4200 for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement