vn750 vs. suzuki 800 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 01:23 PM

All things being equal. The VN750 is the better bike on paper. However, the Suzuki does have the generic "Is that a Harley" look." I own an '03 and the PO changed to a synth oil that the clutch HATES and I get the "coffee grinder" every time the bike is cold (I'll change the oil shortly). After a 20 year production run, that's a pretty small gripe list! I wish you the best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

This comparison shows the Intruder 800 is a bit faster than the VN750 in the quarter mile (13.31 vs 13.70 sec). Though, the VN has a bit higher speed at that point making me think they're probably very close. I think those are the fastest bikes in the comparison.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roa...son/index.html
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
This comparison shows the Intruder 800 is a bit faster than the VN750 in the quarter mile (13.31 vs 13.70 sec). Though, the VN has a bit higher speed at that point making me think they're probably very close. I think those are the fastest bikes in the comparison.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roa...son/index.html
The C50 is not the same bike now as the Intruder... it is heavier and slower ....

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
The C50 is not the same bike now as the Intruder... it is heavier and slower ....
Thank you I did not know that. I thought Suzuki just rebadged their line.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 05:58 PM

My friends had 2 of them,So when i got Nancy running,i tooked there.The hook up,they gave all the stuff not using to bring it to condition,after an oil change,Tony the most experince rider,and mechanic,tooked for a spin.Quote"this thing is really fast,i will blow us away,i got 75 on 3rd gear."also Tony's C 50 has Cobra pipes & power commander.You can draw your conclusion now,i already did.my is factory stock.Let him win for now,remember that you have to sit at the same table for holidays ocasions.

2002 Vulcan 750 Black & silver
custom 5" rise handlebars
suzuki boulevard C50 mirrors.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 09:05 PM
ptcbob

I've owned both. I still have my vulcan, but sold the 800.
Bob
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Thank you I did not know that. I thought Suzuki just rebadged their line.

They did, and it gets a bit confusing. The bike you are talking about is now called the S50. This is a lighter , carbed version of the C50 ...with a bit higher compression and , diffrent looks. Could not find a 1/4 mile time for this particular model. But some info here:
http://tinyurl.com/6ja245

Weighing in at 443lbs and with the higher compression , I would wager it would give the Vulcan a run for it's money.

The "C" series of bikes are kinder gentler and heavier versions. I think they make a M50...but it unfortunetly shares the same engine with the C50...so although it looks faster, it ain't.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmad119 View Post
My friends had 2 of them,So when i got Nancy running,i tooked there.The hook up,they gave all the stuff not using to bring it to condition,after an oil change,Tony the most experince rider,and mechanic,tooked for a spin.Quote"this thing is really fast,i will blow us away,i got 75 on 3rd gear."also Tony's C 50 has Cobra pipes & power commander.You can draw your conclusion now,i already did.my is factory stock.Let him win for now,remember that you have to sit at the same table for holidays ocasions.
believe me, I won't forget that I have to sit at the same table for holidays. the table we sit at for most of the holidays mine! so, if I have to put him in his place.....so be it!
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Ba dum dum, ching...

I say let the old guy have his dreams, (speaking from the perspective of an old guy). If he wants to bluff and bluster about how fast his bike is let him. If he insists on racing be charitable. Remember he's your wife's father and some day when your kid grows up and marries you might be in his place.

Just my 2 cents.

R

Yes, it's my mid-life crisis.

Sweet Jane...
http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63386%3Enu%3D457%3A%3E6%3C3%3E258%3E  WSNRCG%3D3345343785349nu0mrj
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:52 PM

This is a quote from Motorcycle Cruiser. "The Vulcan 750 has quite a bit to offer when you throw a leg over it. Power is good; only the Suzuki 800 outruns it in its class". Article

Glenn

1985 VN700
Saddle Bags
Small Sport Windshield
R/R moved
Home built coasters
Kaw touring front fender
1990 Fuel tank
Kenda Kruz 110/90-19 & 170/80-15 tires
NGK Iridium plugs
NGK plug caps and 7mm copper core wires.
Deer Whistles

My VN700 pic's

VROC #7740
Sponsored Links
Advertisement