Throttle cable - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Throttle cable

Hey all, hope we're all riding safe and happy! Had my VN a month or so now and have put about 1000+ miles on the clock - longish commute! I have a couple of concerns and would welcome feedback - I'll post one prob at a time though :-) I noticed today that the return throttle cable appears to be snapped - there's just a loose loop of it at the carb end which is still attached but isn't doing anything. It's probably been that way since I got it so how important is it? Do I really need it? It looks fiddly to replace.......
Cheers for now
Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 02:06 PM

Re: Throttle cable

Got my VN750 last october and discovered during an isnpection that the return cable was broken. I hadn't noticed any abnormality so I didn't bother to do anything immediately. Later on I dismounted the cable and it appeared to be broken approx 10 inches from the bottom end. With no spare cable on hand I cut the wire as close as possible to the end-pieces, drilled out the old cable-remains, got a new wire and soldered it to the end-pieces. A bit of a fumble to get it mounted again but not a PITA, rather funny. A couple of weeks later I discovered the bottom end-piece lying below the cable end, so the soldering must have been a nasty piece og work. I've done nothing since then and and the bike runs great.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Re: Throttle cable

Thanks for that Loner, I since been told that the reason for the return cable is that so's if the carb spring snaps, the throttle will close, otherwise the throttle will be wide open. I'm also told that there's only a very remote chance of the carb spring breaking. Hopefully that's true!

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement