Man What A Blast!!! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Ba dum dum, ching...

Talking Man What A Blast!!!

So finally after taking my MSF course, getting my endorsement, and fartin around with the bike to get it running I'm finally on the road. I went out for about an hour yesterday and today and am finally getting the feel for the bike.

AND THE MORE I RIDE IT THE MORE I LOVE IT!!!

It's taken me about 35 years to get back on a bike and it's been worth the wait. Now I understand the grin all you guys (and ladies) have been wearing for all these years.

And I can't say enough about this bike. Yes I have little to compare it with but it's nimble, It's got a lot of get up and go and it's very comfortable to ride, (which may be helped by the Mustang seat I have on it). I think I may put a windshield on it if I want to take it on longer rides at higher speeds. Above 50 I can see how a couple of hours of fighting the wind could wear a guy out.

Man I LOVE this!
R

Yes, it's my mid-life crisis.

Sweet Jane...
http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63386%3Enu%3D457%3A%3E6%3C3%3E258%3E  WSNRCG%3D3345343785349nu0mrj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Congrats on a very successful mid-life crisis!!

A windshield is a good idea. I've been riding without one for awhile and it's brutal on the highways (I want to turn my head to glance over my shoulder and the wind grabs my helmet and yanks my head around - alarming, and somewhat tiring over time). I'm sure someone here can recommend a good size for ya.

Welcome back to The Road!

C
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Love My Baby

Hey Ron. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Nothing relieves the stress of the day more than a nice ride in nice weather on a nice cruiser like the VN750. Soooo comfortable to ride.

My neighbor just bought a Suzuki 1000 crotch rocket and we rode together today. After our ride we switched bikes and rode a bit more. Man, was I uncomfortable leaning so forward, holding myself up by my arms and switching gears with my feet so far back. My neighbor remarked how much more comfortable my bike was for a long ride. He's into speed, though... races cars, too.

I am so happy with my 750. It's the perfect bike for me. I know you'll be happier and happier with yours, too. BTW, I strongly recommend taking the experienced rider course, too. It's everything from the beginners class and more, and you use YOUR BIKE. This way you get to work on the figure 8's and other maneuvers using your own bike. Nothing beats mastering your own controls.

Enjoy your bike my friend. And enjoy this forum. Lots of great advice from some very experienced VN owners.

Rubyrick

MY BABY...
'05 VN750
16,000 miles +
Kawi tank bib
Kawi rear rack
Small windshield
DEKA M/F battery
VN750.com Grill Cover
LED license plate frame
Clear Alternatives LED brake light
Cortech mini tank bag on rear rack
Pirelli MT66 Tires: 110 front / 150 rear
Splines lubed when tires installed at 10,650 miles
Splines lubed again at 14,400 with stubby valve stem install

Place your mouse on the X below and drag to the O

X
Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Congrat's Ron!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:36 PM

Ron

Well done on getting back on the road with 2 wheels. The VN is a lot of fun, very nimble with a good low down range of power, very easy on the gear changes. My other 2 wheel love is my VFR750, totally different but fun in a totally different way.

I now split my riding time between the 2 bikes, depending how I feel. If a I want a leasurerly cruise along out comes the VN, if I want a bit of a blast I take the VFR.

If I go on a long trip I would take the VFR, I find it more comfortable riding position with the arms leaning down. With the VN I find the arms up position a bit uncomfortable. The other issue with the VN is the small fuel tank with the VFR I have 18litres of fuel and can easily travel 200 miles between stops. The other nice thing on the VFR is the noise made when you get her on the open road, besides the nice exhaust note there is the whine from the gear driven cam shafts, very different and noticeable and so nice not to have any cam chains to worry about, no adjusters, no wear, nice.

The VN is great for taking my nieces and nephews for a ride around, the seat is alot better for them. On Saturday I had 3 of them over for a ride, great fun and they are all very good on the back. Jacket, helmet and gloves on and off we go.

But after all that get out and enjoy the VN and the open road, thats where it is the best.

DaveT
Kuala Lumpur
VN750 - 1991
VFR750 - 1991
Voyager 1200 - 1994

Last edited by davet; 08-03-2008 at 09:39 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:55 PM

Way to go Ron

Back in the old days, I said anyone that road with a windshield, was a WUSS.
Then I got tired of holding myself on my bike against the wind.
I broke down and bought a small sport windshield for my 700 and it made all the difference in the world. It took all the wind pressure off off my chest so I didn't have that death grip on the handle bars, just to stay on the bike. Plus like Cindy said, you can look around without the wind bucking your head all over the place.
Just watch-out for all the Idiots out there and have fun.

Glenn

1985 VN700
Saddle Bags
Small Sport Windshield
R/R moved
Home built coasters
Kaw touring front fender
1990 Fuel tank
Kenda Kruz 110/90-19 & 170/80-15 tires
NGK Iridium plugs
NGK plug caps and 7mm copper core wires.
Deer Whistles

My VN700 pic's

VROC #7740
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Ba dum dum, ching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn M View Post
... Just watch-out for all the Idiots out there and have fun.
Already had my first Idiot encounter. Riding through my neighborhood with cars parked on both sides of the street. Narrow but passable for 2 cars and some clown coming from the other direction decides he's going to take his half of the street out of the middle. Fortunately I had space to slip into a gap in the parked cars to let him pass. Low speed incident but none the less it reinforced the lesson that you can never trust the other clown. Most of them aren't fit to drive.

R

Yes, it's my mid-life crisis.

Sweet Jane...
http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63386%3Enu%3D457%3A%3E6%3C3%3E258%3E  WSNRCG%3D3345343785349nu0mrj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement