Part Interchangibility - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Part Interchangibility

Hey guys, been awhile since I was on here last but I'm still avidly riding and customizing my '92. What I was wondering is this, my buddy just bought an '85 LTD 454 and since I have a bunch of stock parts laying around my garage he and I were wondering other than my old stock 8" ape bars (with buying proper cables of course) what could he use to customize his ride. He kind of fell in love with my old seat which is my biggest question. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 05:49 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFWatts361 View Post
Hey guys, been awhile since I was on here last but I'm still avidly riding and customizing my '92. What I was wondering is this, my buddy just bought an '85 LTD 454 and since I have a bunch of stock parts laying around my garage he and I were wondering other than my old stock 8" ape bars (with buying proper cables of course) what could he use to customize his ride. He kind of fell in love with my old seat which is my biggest question. Thanks in advance!
Yes it has been awhile since you were on here last, (2012 5x) concerning the RR on your machine and now you are asking about parts from your 750 going onto a 454. Maybe you can find some time to do a simple introduction under the Newbie Check-In section since I was not able to find any of that information within your six posts. I see that you are based in New Jersey. We have several members located here and at times we get together for a ride. If you let us know where in the state you are we might be able to contact you for a ride next time we get one together. Right now we are trying to do just that but haven't decided if we will be meeting up north, central or the southern portion of our state. All of our rides, as most others, are open to anyone with any make or model of machine. We also gather riders from other states at times if they are interested and it has always been a great time. The last ride from central Jersey included a stop at a buffalo farm and a late lunch in PA then a relaxing ride back to the starting point. Welcome even before you get the intro done.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 01:12 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
its easier to go the other way.. take the 454 parts and put them on the 750. but with enough ingenuity, any thing is possible. The 454 might need the 750 rear fender for the seat mounting bracket to mount up and look correct on the 454.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
Yes it has been awhile since you were on here last, (2012 5x) concerning the RR on your machine and now you are asking about parts from your 750 going onto a 454. Maybe you can find some time to do a simple introduction under the Newbie Check-In section since I was not able to find any of that information within your six posts. I see that you are based in New Jersey. We have several members located here and at times we get together for a ride. If you let us know where in the state you are we might be able to contact you for a ride next time we get one together. Right now we are trying to do just that but haven't decided if we will be meeting up north, central or the southern portion of our state. All of our rides, as most others, are open to anyone with any make or model of machine. We also gather riders from other states at times if they are interested and it has always been a great time. The last ride from central Jersey included a stop at a buffalo farm and a late lunch in PA then a relaxing ride back to the starting point. Welcome even before you get the intro done.
You gonna make 'um buy lunch too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider View Post
its easier to go the other way.. take the 454 parts and put them on the 750. but with enough ingenuity, any thing is possible. The 454 might need the 750 rear fender for the seat mounting bracket to mount up and look correct on the 454.
X2 on the seat and the ingenuity thing. Welcome back, man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement