Good and bad... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
FastHamFreddy

Good and bad...

Good news is I have had her running, and done the spline lube change the oil, converted my acct's to mcct's, put on new bullet blinkers (I think they look pretty nice, put on a meanstreak seat, and put on 11" shocks. Looks great, and WAS running great for about a week... Sooooo... Any feedback would be much appreciated!

The bike was running great, the only thing that seemed to be weird was when I revved it from 1.2 or so where she idled up to 3 or 4000 rpms (while in neuteral) she would stay there for some time. sometimes come down, sometimes wouldnt. As soon as I got into gear she would ride as expected. I played with the idle adjuster, back and forth, diddnt seem to make much of a difference. Also whenever I would stop after a decent ride for gas or whatever she would not want to start, but would eventually. Then yesterday I took her for a ride, went about 10 miles, met up with a friend, turned off my bike, and then it was very hard to get it started. but she did eventually. went about 10 miles down the road and she just died on me. The battery is not charging, had to have it jumped and then tried to get it to my buddies garage and it died on me again.. Now both of these are dying while in going into first, but I'm rolling off the clutch and giving it plenty of gas.

Anyways this is just an update of what I have done and any feedback on the above issues would be much appreciated!

(Before and after photos below)

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150129_182745 (1).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	23105   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150428_191055.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	23113   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	23121  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
FastHamFreddy

I should also note, it seems to still start fine from a cold start. It is only a hot start it starts having problems.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 10:46 AM
2014 KLR 650!

The hot starting issue is almost normal it happens so much IMHO. The battery not charging may just be that it's not being ridden enough to charge with all the starter motor time you might be giving it. Check that you have no air leaks in the carb boots. THat might cause the high idle and crappy performance.

You can do the pickup coil mod in about 20 minutes for free and the ignition coil mod for about $25.

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 10:47 AM
..have a vulcan good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastHamFreddy View Post
I should also note, it seems to still start fine from a cold start. It is only a hot start it starts having problems.
Have you performed the Pick-Up Coil Mod ?

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
FastHamFreddy

I will check to see if there is any air leaks in the carb boots, and try the pick up coil mod this week. I have to take her apart to do the rear wheel bearing, and do the fork seals anyways.

Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement