Title in Florida - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Title in Florida

Hi All, I am looking for a kawasaki vulcan 750 title in Florida state. I do have a kawasai, I did buy online without title (unknowing). I want to pass all part to a old frame with title.

Any idea, how to get a new tag in florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 05:11 PM

Welcome to the forum! I can see by your question that you must be a resident of our lovely Sunshine State, but perhaps you would like to introduce yourself in the Newbie Check-in forum and tell us a bit about you.

I can tell you when you buy a bike and get a title with it, all you have to do is take the title (filled in and signed by seller(s) and purchaser(s)) to the DMV and show your driver license and pay about $120 + sales tax on purchase price of the bike and you will get a tag, title in your name, and registration.

Now, taking a frame and essentially putting a different motorcycle in it...I'm not sure. You said you already have a title on the frame. In my case, they didn't ask a single question or need to see the bike to get it registered. You may very well be able to just take that title and get it registered and get a tag. If you try to sell the bike in the future...that could be a totally different matter. And if you get pulled over for something and the officer decides to be very thorough and compare VINS on the frame and engine...that could be an interesting conversation.

If you want to do it the right way, I would suggest calling the DMV and asking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Leave it to me to NOT be fond of something then end up banging it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

I did it, but I got a destruction title (after I paid it, online , The broker company ask me to sign a power of attorney to get a new title) two weeks later I got (parts only title) DMV has nothing to do with it. I Asked. The bike runs, I just want to ride it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 05:45 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Really shouldn't be a problem. Folks stick new/used motors in frames all the time. If you have a title to your frame and put a new/used motor in it there be no problem as long as the motor isn't reported stolen.

I put a used motor in my car and I still have the same VIN number. Legally if I sell the car, I have to show the reciept for the motor to the buyer, but the DMV doesn't really care if the motor is different.

But, Florida may have different laws, so don't ask us, call the DMV there and ask them.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 06:58 PM

Maybe look for sparkingdogg, here and on Ebay, he has some parts bikes in Florida. Not sure if I spelled the name right.

Found his ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/sparkingdogg

Probably need to message him, don't usually see frames and titles listed.

Unless you can pick up a clean title (not salvage), you'll have to follow the DMV process for a reconstructed title.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement