now i can start enjoying my bike again - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

now i can start enjoying my bike again

I live in the Netherlands and a few month ago I did buy a vn 750 from 1992 imported from Canada.

After I first started to enjoy my bike I started reading al the warnings about the electrical system which made me scared. But now that I made the changes this is: the Stator Fuse Installation and the replacement of the Regulator / Rectifier I feel more save now and can start enjoying my bike again.

However I have two questions.

My Kawa dealer told me that it is not a good thing to mount a sealed battery, because this bike can’t handle this in some way ???? Or this must be bad for the electrical system ??? Is this true ??? I red on this forum that many people did this chance.

Second: This is a “stupid” question. But I have no manual and so I don’t know how to check the oil level thru the little window. Does I have to do this on the side stand or with the bike on the middle stand.

Thank you if you will help me out with this

Dingo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 11:49 AM

Post Re: now i can start enjoying my bike again

Dingo,

Not really sure what problem your dealer would have with a sealed or maintenance free battery, I have put one on my bike as many, many others have and I have not heard of any problems to date associated with one.

The bike should be on the center stand when cheking the oil. There is a HI and LO mark next to the window, but most suggets filling it up past the HI mark to where there is only a small air bubble showing in the top of the window.

Safe Riding my Brother...

Steve "Fallguy" Fall
Parsons, TN
'04 VN750 "Serenity"
Willie and Max Saddlebags
Ride Bell from Lady Di
Kaw Luggage Rack
Westco MF Batt
Kaw Extended Backrest
http://personalpages.tds.net/~sfall
Pics http://photos.yahoo.com/stevfal
(KIR)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 04:59 PM

Re: now i can start enjoying my bike again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo
I live in the Netherlands and a few month ago I did buy a vn 750 from 1992 imported from Canada.

After I first started to enjoy my bike I started reading al the warnings about the electrical system which made me scared. But now that I made the changes this is: the Stator Fuse Installation and the replacement of the Regulator / Rectifier I feel more save now and can start enjoying my bike again.

However I have two questions.

My Kawa dealer told me that it is not a good thing to mount a sealed battery, because this bike can’t handle this in some way ???? Or this must be bad for the electrical system ??? Is this true ??? I red on this forum that many people did this chance.

Second: This is a “stupid” question. But I have no manual and so I don’t know how to check the oil level thru the little window. Does I have to do this on the side stand or with the bike on the middle stand.

Thank you if you will help me out with this

Dingo
Dingo...there are many reasons why an AGM MF battery is superior to the standard battery...I have no idea why your dealer would recommend against it. Google it on the web....you'll be convinced.
The bike must be straight up and down and engine cold to check the oil.
You can use the center stand, or have someone hold it for you....not a stupid question at all, bud....
I think most fill the oil just to the top of the sight glass...just a bit beyond the 'Full' line. I do.....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Search Goddess

No problems with a sealed battery here in fact we encourage most new buyers to have one included in their deal with the Dealer.
And there is an online service manual available at http://www.tocmanufacturing.com/Products.htm
Scroll down to the bottom of the page. It is a big file so it may take a while.

Dianna
Conway, AR
Patriot Guard Rider
2000 VN750 Sere (Serendipity)
1990 GL1500 (Ole Blue)
1986 VN750 EVie (project bike, heavy custom)
VROC # 11628 / 25000-H
ARVROC # 12 Coordinator and Crowd Control
OKVROC # 18 (H)
TNVROC # 45 (H)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all.

You have convinced me

dingo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement