Here She Is - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Here She Is

Well guys,here is the finished product.In my intro,I posted a pic of this neglected scooter.It sat for 5 years after it's owner passed.Needed a lot of cleaning.Vac petcock was not working,opened it up and found the small O-ring had deteriorated and was stuck in it's bore,I cleaned the O-ring and bore.I know I should have replaced it but it works.Cleaned the gas tank,put new gas in.Lucky no gas in carbs when stored.Drained bowls after testing petcock,gas was clean.
Brakes were not working,master cylinder had congealed fluid,scooped it out and cleaned what I could.I had some Skidoo Dot 4 so I filled it up and let it sit over night.This stuff seemed to dissolve the old crap.Could not get it bled properly,so I checked the calipers,one piston was stuck.I was able to pump piston out and cleaned exposed part ,did the other side too.Bled all the old fluid out,finally got pressure.
Bike started very easily,but was making some nasty noises in the top end until oil got up there.Ran it until oil was hot,changed oil and filter.Did the fork oil and rear drive oil too.Lubed all the cables
Very smooth motor,pretty good power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan750008 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	183
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	19698  

Last edited by 01fxdxt; 10-31-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 09:32 PM

Garage
Had to work for it,,,,,,, makes you even prouder to own it. Happy and safe riding!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2014, 08:32 AM

you did an awesome job. glad you got her going. love that color. time for some outside pics.

2003 kaw vn 750 pushing 40,000 miles.
tp stator
dampers
coil relay mod
other stuff not listed
mustang seat
motorcycle repair at a stealership 1 million bucks, repairs with the help of the Vulcan750 forum priceless.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Mod

Nice. Did you check the splines?

2003 1600 Classic
Sold
900 Seat Mod
Iradiun Plugs
V and H Cruzers
Windshield with Lowers
LED Tail Lights
Saddle bags
Chads Floor boards
Highway pegs
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2014, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunter02 View Post
Nice. Did you check the splines?
No,it needs new tires and if I would have removed the rear wheel,I would have. The owner's wife was offered $100 for it and told the motor had seized.I shifted it to top gear and with plugs in showed her that it wasn't.I offered to clean it up a bit and get it running.Initially I was given $100 toward needed things.I was thinking battery,oil and filter at least.Usuallly you find carb bowls filled with crap .I thought I was going to have to wrestle with dirty carbs.I was very surprised there was no fuel(remains) in bowls.But,the first thing I did was check the air filters,and they were no longer foam,more like foam mush.I got some Emgo replacements for $11 each, shipped.
The chrome and paint was cleaning up better than I thought it would.One front signal was broken ,the other cracked badly.I found a new replacement on Ebay for $13 shipped-great price.While working on the rest of the bike,the other signal broke in half,must be made of the same cheese the air filters were made from.Found another on Amazon for $20.
Bike needed fork dust shields(hard to find aftermarket) but the seals themselves were not leaking,so I changed the fork oil.
In the end I spent $180 for all parts and oil to get to where it is.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 09:54 AM
1992 VN 750

Congratulations! You should have many enjoyable miles ahead...

1992 VN 750 / 18,100 miles
V and H Cruzers
Earshaved and sheared
110/90 and 170/80 Metzeler 880s
AGM Battery
TPE Stator
Clear Alternatives LED brakelight
Saddleman Explorer Seat
Kurakyn Levers
VN750.com Grill cover
SCP Coasters
Iridium plugs
MOSFET R/R
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 01:10 PM

Very nice!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 02:54 PM
2014 KLR 650!

Looks clean

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01fxdxt View Post
Well guys,here is the finished product.In my intro,I posted a pic of this neglected scooter.It sat for 5 years after it's owner passed.Needed a lot of cleaning.Vac petcock was not working,opened it up and found the small O-ring had deteriorated and was stuck in it's bore,I cleaned the O-ring and bore.I know I should have replaced it but it works.Cleaned the gas tank,put new gas in.Lucky no gas in carbs when stored.Drained bowls after testing petcock,gas was clean.
Brakes were not working,master cylinder had congealed fluid,scooped it out and cleaned what I could.I had some Skidoo Dot 4 so I filled it up and let it sit over night.This stuff seemed to dissolve the old crap.Could not get it bled properly,so I checked the calipers,one piston was stuck.I was able to pump piston out and cleaned exposed part ,did the other side too.Bled all the old fluid out,finally got pressure.
Bike started very easily,but was making some nasty noises in the top end until oil got up there.Ran it until oil was hot,changed oil and filter.Did the fork oil and rear drive oil too.Lubed all the cables
Very smooth motor,pretty good power.
Lookin good man, real good. It looks like my old VN750 and it's making me miss it soooo bad. I'd kill to ride one again, even for just an hour. Good work, dude.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 09:01 PM

Like!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement