Thank you to a VN750 forum member - Mark Sims - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Thank you to a VN750 forum member - Mark Sims

As some of you may have read in one of my other threads, I've been considering buying a VN750. So I get this email from a forum member offering to let me ride his '06 VN750. His name is Mark Sims. I'm not sure of his user ID on the forum. He lives on the other side of Atlanta from me. Now Mark doesn't know me from Adam's house cat and in today's world, it's just unusual that folks do that sort of stuff for complete strangers. But it sure makes you feel good that there are indeed good people in the world with all the bad stuff that you see and read every day. I just wanted to recognize Mark for his willingness to do that for me. Hopefully, we can hook up in the near future and go for a ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 06:04 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

We are a friendly, almost family like, group here. Always looking to help other Vulcaneers any way possible.

Just be careful, once you take one ride on the 750, you may end up having that 1500 parked for a loooong time!!! LOL

Kudos to you, Mark!!

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to 93VN750
I bought my windshield for my Vulcan from Mark, he's good people.

Jon

93VN750, under re-construction
vn750.com Member # 828

Rick's Stator and R/R
MF AGM Battery
Coastered
Degoated
Shaved & Jetted
Iridium's
MAC Tapered Staggered Pipes
Battery/Temp/Clock Gauge
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Dunlop D-404's
23,XXX miles and holding pending gasket change (underway!!!)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
As some of you may have read in one of my other threads, I've been considering buying a VN750. So I get this email from a forum member offering to let me ride his '06 VN750. His name is Mark Sims. I'm not sure of his user ID on the forum. He lives on the other side of Atlanta from me. Now Mark doesn't know me from Adam's house cat and in today's world, it's just unusual that folks do that sort of stuff for complete strangers. But it sure makes you feel good that there are indeed good people in the world with all the bad stuff that you see and read every day. I just wanted to recognize Mark for his willingness to do that for me. Hopefully, we can hook up in the near future and go for a ride.
I think a vn750 would be a very good addition for you. I too have a 1500, but it's a Meanstreak and handles every bit as well as the vn750. So the vn750 will be leaving the stable once it's fixed.

Having a 1500 classic and a vn750 would be ideal.

Jon

vn750.com Member # 828

Rick's Stator and R/R
MF AGM Battery
Coastered
Degoated
Shaved & Jetted
Iridium's
Battery/Temp/Clock Gauge
Dunlop D-404's
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperbuzzin View Post
We are a friendly, almost family like, group here. Always looking to help other Vulcaneers any way possible.

Just be careful, once you take one ride on the 750, you may end up having that 1500 parked for a loooong time!!! LOL

Kudos to you, Mark!!
You folks do seem like a nice bunch. I've been on some forums that are real "cliquish" or "clannish". I am looking forward to taking Mark's bike for a spin!

Funny you joke about parking the 1500. I have an old 1981 Suzuki GS550T that I bought just to tinker around with in the garage. Right now, I'm rebuilding the carbs on it and have it all torn down. But I always found myself jumping on it to take it out on some roads near my house just cause it's so much fun to ride. Light as a feather compared to my 1500.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93VN750 View Post
I think a vn750 would be a very good addition for you. I too have a 1500, but it's a Meanstreak and handles every bit as well as the vn750. So the vn750 will be leaving the stable once it's fixed.

Having a 1500 classic and a vn750 would be ideal.

Jon
Hey Jon, I do like your Meanstreak! Do you know if the engine and drivetrain is exactly the same with the Classic and yours? Are the differences purely cosmetic? Just curious.

By the way, I lived in Tampa/Clearwater for a couple years (1988-89). Beautiful place.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 01:53 PM

Thank you for the kind words, Chuck! Once you join this group you're not a stranger anymore. I've found that motorcycles groups are generally very friendly - but this VN750 forum and the yahoo group are top notch! Makes you want to give back a little.

I'm looking forward to taking that ride with you!

Mark
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Hey Jon, I do like your Meanstreak! Do you know if the engine and drivetrain is exactly the same with the Classic and yours? Are the differences purely cosmetic? Just curious.

By the way, I lived in Tampa/Clearwater for a couple years (1988-89). Beautiful place.
The engine design is the same, higher compression, different cams, and different FI map, makes about 15% more hp & tq than other Kaw 1500's. Trans is the same except different ratios, lower top end on the Meanie, better acceleration. Frame completely different. Inverted sport bike front shocks, ZZ9 front calipers, rotors and pads. So hard so say how similar it is, it's actually more different than similar. It rides, handles, and runs completely differently than any other Kawi. If you had to classify it, it would be a sport cruiser?

Where in the Tampa Bay area did you live?

Jon

vn750.com Member # 828

Rick's Stator and R/R
MF AGM Battery
Coastered
Degoated
Shaved & Jetted
Iridium's
Battery/Temp/Clock Gauge
Dunlop D-404's
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93VN750 View Post
The engine design is the same, higher compression, different cams, and different FI map, makes about 15% more hp & tq than other Kaw 1500's. Trans is the same except different ratios, lower top end on the Meanie, better acceleration. Frame completely different. Inverted sport bike front shocks, ZZ9 front calipers, rotors and pads. So hard so say how similar it is, it's actually more different than similar. It rides, handles, and runs completely differently than any other Kawi. If you had to classify it, it would be a sport cruiser?

Where in the Tampa Bay area did you live?

Jon
Wow Jon, I had no idea the Meanstreak was that much different that the Classic. I thought it was mostly cosmetic. I do like it though!

I lived in Temple Terrace (North of Tampa) for a year and then Clearwater for about a year. I worked for SunTrust bank in downtown Tampa. And then, I moved back up here in Georgia. This was back in 1988-1989 so I'm sure lots have changed there since then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement